Chapter 5

Polly, who was now working at Hogsmeade's clothing store Parkinson's, was hanging up some new robes in stock.

"Did you sort our sale section?" her boss, Pansy asked.

"Check", Polly called. 

The door opened along with the tiny bell ringing.

"Well if it isn't Dora and her squad", Polly greeted her customers.

"Any new dresses in stock?" Dora asked.

"What's the occasion?" Polly asked, as a professional dress store employee would ask.

"Hogwarts is having a ball for Halloween", Dora said. 

"Okay!" Polly said in excitement and lead them to the new in stock section. "Is it like a costume party or like a regular ball with a rather spooky theme?"

"It's up to each guest", one of Dora's friends said. "Personally I think we should all wear costumes, however this devil didn't agree."

"I'm not being anti about costumes", Dora made it clear. "I just wanna look pretty and spooky at the same time."

Polly had her arms crossed and nodded. "I know just the right thing for that", she said and showed their collection. "We have this black dress that looks plain i this light, but it has skeleton bones that glow in the dark. And this one. Just a regular victorian vampire dress. A black swan ballerina dress. And here's a black and purple dark fairy dress. Totally matches your hair. And see. Moving fairy wings sewed in."

"I could try on each one and see", Dora said.

"You know where the dressing room is", Polly said and handed her the dresses. She turned to the others. "So. Looking for any costumes?"

"I already have mine", one of the friends said.

"What about those ghost costumes over there?" Another one asked. 

"Oh", Polly said and picked up the different options. "Put them on and your entire body will look like a ghost. Doesn't give you the full effect though. We were a bit worried though that these might offend the actual ghosts."

"Have they?"

"Most of them didn't care", Polly said. "Besides. It's just for one night."

"I'd rather try something else. To not take any risks."

Polly kept showing the costume collection and Dora came out wearing the skeleton dress.

"I think I've made up my mind", she said. "Just need a second opinion."

All her friends went "wow" and Polly walked over to her.

"That's the spirit", she said. "Want me to get some matching accessories?"

"Sure", she said and Polly went to get some.

She could hear some whispering "Can you really afford that?" in which Dora replied "Don't worry, my dad gave me more than enough for the dress."

Dora ended up buying the dress, a skull choker and a pair of short heels, and one of her friends bought a dark angel costume.

"Layla's shift is starting now", Pansy said. "You can get off early if you need to."

"Really? What about the dressing rooms?"

"I'll take care of it. Go home and relax."

So with that Polly, who only lived across the street, went home to her fiancé Rose, who was playing with the cats.

"You're home early", she said when she noticed Polly's presence.

"Yeah. Pansy's doing the rest of my chores", Polly said and leaned over for a kiss.