Untitled Part 7

Marian woke and was surprised to find she had slept all night, she had been sure that she would have been awake with worry. She quickly dressed and made her way down the stairs. On seeing Thornton she asked "Has there been any word from Sir Guy?" She had tried to hide her anxiety but Thornton heard her voice crack so merely shook his head and responded "No news my Lady, but do not let it worry you though, I am sure he is safe and well."
Molly appeared at that moment and Marian looked at her wanting to know she had seen Robin.
"My Lady looks pale this morning, perhaps we should get some air."
Marian sensed that Molly's request was more because she was asking to speak to her alone than out of compassion or concern, so she smiled at her maid before agreeing to get some air with her.

Once they were in the garden of Locksley Manor Marian turned to Molly and enquired "You did see Robin didn't you, you passed on my message?"
"My Lady I did see Robin after I was threatened with a bow and arrow by Much and I gave him your message. His response was that he and his men would go to Nottingham this morning after he had decided on a plan."
Marian tried to stop herself but found that she couldn't hold back her sobs and buried her head on her maid's shoulder. Molly heard her muffled words.
"I cannot lose my husband, it took me long enough to realise that I loved him, I thought my feelings for him were feelings of hate but he has always been the man that I admired and I love him and I want him to come home."
"It's OK my Lady, you cry all you want to, I understand more than you realise but all will become clear to you soon and your husband will be here with you too."
"Thank you Molly" Marian lifted her head, "I think I will walk here a little longer on my own"
"You must come and eat my Lady, you need to keep your strength up."
"I will in a minute Molly" Marian turned and walked towards the yellow rose bush remembering how only yesterday Guy had brought her a single bloom. As she buried her nose into a bloom Molly's words replayed in her head and Marian wondered what it was that Molly understood. Did she have a love? Marian had never heard her talk of a man and then she had said she needed to keep her strength up which was very strange, although if Marian was going to have to rescue her husband then, yes, she did need to keep her strength up. She had been doing less since she had moved into Locksley Manor as maids and servants met her every requirement. She had been the Nightwatchman, able to hold her own against Guy if necessary, but she doubted she would be a match for him now in a duel although she blushed as she thought about some of the tussles they had enjoyed in the bedroom.

The thought of rescuing her husband hit Marian again like a bolt of lightening. She was going to Nottingham right this minute to find her husband and, if required, to rescue him from Vaisey. Marian ran to the stable and asked Tom to saddle a horse for her, but not her mare as Marian lied that she had felt lame on her last ride. Tom told Marian her horse would be ready in 10 minutes which gave Marian time to return to her chamber and find her small dagger, which she hid up her sleeve. Running back down the stairs she encountered Molly and told her she was heading out for a ride to Nottingham castle.
"My Lady should eat first" Molly declared.
"I don't have time Molly, I must get to Guy" Marian answered. Molly quickly grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl and thrust it into Marian's hand. Marian smiled at her and took a bite before heading out the door to her waiting horse.

Marian rode quickly towards Nottingham Castle unsure exactly what she would do when she arrived other than demand to see her husband. She didn't know what she could do, not yet anyway. Inspiration might come to her on the remainder of her journey or when she saw Guy.
She was prepared to kill to save her husband but wasn't, if truth be told, relishing the thought of taking a life or two.