𝟏𝟐. 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐕𝐈𝐄𝐖

charlie's pov

charlie's pov

"STUPID, stupid, stupid" charlie muttered, kicking the rocks as he walked along the road.

he would be lying if he said he wasn't disappointed when eliza gave him the cold shoulder about the 'date' situation.

she didn't exactly reject him, but she also didn't agree to it. he was sad, even angry. all he wanted was for her to give him a chance, that's all he ever wanted.

for the longest time he could remember, he had been over the moon with elizabeth banks. he had been horrified of sharing his feelings, which is why he had always been so mean to the girl. he never wanted to admit to anyone, or himself, that he did in fact like eliza.

a lot.

a slam of the front door was heard throughout the conway residence as charlie entered, throwing his jacket off. he was embarrassed, and ashamed. he didn't know what to feel.

even thought eliza didn't say no, it hurt even more that she wasn't sure in the moment.

if she had liked him, she would have said yes in a heartbeat. charlie knew that, and his heart ached for it.

"charlie, is that you?"

"yeah, mom. it's me" he grumbled, walking through the dining room to the kitchen. it seemed that bombay was still present, sitting on one of the kitchen islands barstools, a cup of coffee in hand.

the two adults didn't ignore the fact of charlie's sudden mood change. by the pout in his face, and the sadness in his eyes, this made his mother put on mother instincts.

"charlie, what's wrong?" her eyebrows furrowed, wiping her hands off after she finished the dirty dish cleaning.

"nothing, ma. i'm just gonna go to bed" he said, lowly. his head hung down, refusing to look at the adults in the eye. even bombay knew something was wrong by the way he was acting.

"are you sure? did something happen with
eliz—" his mother tried to speak, but was cut off by his loud shout of anger.

"no, mom. it's not about eliza, okay?" he quickly stomped away, rushing to his room. it was clear he wanted to be left alone, so the two respected his wishes. but, they couldn't deny the fact that they we're worried about him.

"so, she just didn't say anything?"

"no. well, yes, she did say something. but, it doesn't matter. it would have been better if she said no" charlie grumbled, manoeuvring around the crowded hall of students.