𝟏𝟒. 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐈𝐄 𝐅𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐖𝐀𝐘

PRESSING a finger up to her eyelid, letting it swipe the falling tears away

PRESSING a finger up to her eyelid, letting it swipe the falling tears away. she was heartbroken, to say the least.

she hadn't talked to charlie in days. their science project days were over, so they had absolutely no reason to ever talk.

again.

even thought they were expected to have a upcoming game with distract five, it still didn't give them a reason to speak. yes, they saw each other in the hallways, but it didn't matter. nothing mattered, in all honesty. was it important to mention the fact they make eye contact at least five times everyday at school?

maybe.

"elizabeth, come on! we have to get going"

a faint groan escaped her mouth, listening as her brother and father shuffled out the door. thankfully, rick and skyler left last weekend. that was just one more issue off of eliza's plate.

"banks twins! over here!" coach reilly shouted from inside the box.

the twins stopped, giving each other a quick look, before skating towards the man. the siblings had noticed two other men standing in front of the box, but didn't waste their attention on them.

pulling off their plastic helmets, they skidded to a stop, breathing heavily from the hard workout they had just done.

"this is a joke, right?" the older man scolded, pointing his hand down to the sheet of paper.

"i'm afraid it's no joke" a man with a suit and tie shook his head. eliza peered over the strangers shoulder, noticing the other familiar looking face of gordon bombay.

her jaw had dropped, eyes widening at the fact he was her, while she's with her other team. what if he told coach reilly about dinner? she was horrified of what this outcome was about to be.

"is there a problem?" the twins father spoke up, after he had made his way down off the bleachers.

"no, just a mistake, mr. banks"

"are you the father of these two?" the suit and tie man asked. "450 north hennipen avenue, is that your address?"

"yes"

"then, i'm afraid there is no mistake. your children are playing for the wrong team"

"what?" the twins said at the same time, staring at the man in shock.

"according to league rules, adam and elizabeth banks should be playing for district five"

no, no, no. this cannot be happening. this cannot be happening"