(16)Assemble

"Mayday! Mayday!"

My ears ring.

"Does anybody copy? We're on the lower level. It's flooding!"

I inhale sharply.

"We're drowning! Does anybody copy? Mayday!"

I can taste the blood and dust. "Clint?" My weak voice echoes, followed by coughing.

I heard him grunting as he pushes rocks and wires off his back. He gets up and nearly stumbles back down.

"Are you okay?" He asks me. I nod as he extends his hand and helps me up.

I groan as he pulls me up.

When I'm standing he points to the left side of his head. "You're bleeding," He says looking at my head. I wave my hand, brushing it off.

"What about you? Are you okay?" I ask and tuck my hair behind my ear.

"I'm alright." He brushes off.

Clint shines a flashlight up into the big hole we had just fallen down.

"Hello?" He shouts.

I look around and keep walking. I find the gauntlet buried under dust and rubble.

I dust it off. "Hey," I call, Clint looks back to me. "This is kind of important, right?" I say.

"Yeah, we gotta-" He pauses. There is a deep but quiet growl in the dark tunnel behind me. I stand up straight again.

I create a ball of energy in my hand and quietly let it create a light stream directly down the tunnel. The light reveals dozens of monster-dogs crawling on the walls.

"Okay, cool." He lets out. Clint and I turn around, grab the gauntlet and run. The creatures begin growling and snarling, and chasing after us.

"What the hell are those?" I ask Clint as we start to run, turning around every now and then to shoot at the creatures.

"I was hoping you'd know that!" Clint says back. "We need to get those Stones back to Stark."

"Follow my lead." I say. We turn a corner, I grab Clint's arm and speed off to the end of the tunnel.

"Arrow Grenade." I say. He quickly pulls one out and shoots it down the tunnel. I use my powers to cut off groups of monsters, amplifying the explosions.

While it works a few times, they are getting too close.

We stop. I stand in front of Clint. Magic ties my fingers as I stand there, throwing the monsters around and pulling them apart.

Clint shoots a wire up a tunnel in the ceiling. It connects to a harness that attaches to his belt and mine.

As we make our way up, he slices the monsters apart and we jump up onto a landing at the top of the long tunnel.

I roll over and groan. "Bet you didn't see that coming." I let out.

Clint turns to look at me in brighter lighting. "There is so much blood on your face." He says.

I bring my fingertips up to my forehead and feel the blood. There's a gash in my hairline and the blood travels all the way down the side of my face and into my hair.

"Oh, jeez." I groan.

Foot steps walk towards us and I look to see Nebula.

"Hey, I know you." Clint looks at her.

"Neb, you're okay." I smile, but then it feels off.

She stays quiet as Clint hands her the gauntlet.

Nebula examines the stones before reaching up to her ear. "Father..." She says.