(13)New Normal

Twelve Days Later

(fit 1)

When Peter and I went back to school, it was nearly impossible for me to adapt

When Peter and I went back to school, it was nearly impossible for me to adapt. I didn't have a phone, and all of my stuff was destroyed when Thanos bombed my house.

Pepper had gotten me a new phone and some clothes, and helped me get back as much as I could. Thank God for iCloud.

Peter and I walk into school together, backpacks over our shoulders and with puffy red eyes.

I haven't been in contact with anyone. It's been five years and all I've wanted is to feel better. All I want is for everything to be normal. I want Natasha back, and Tony.

He holds onto my hand firmly as we look around. Finally, we find a familiar face. Ned.

His teary eyes light up at the sight of us.

I smile softly and we walk towards him. I let go of Peter's hand and the two boys do their handshake, then hug.

Peter pulls away from Ned, and Ned engulfs me in a hug. He cries as Peter joins our hug. It's so relieving to have them back.

With my chin on Ned's shoulder, I catch a glimpse of Betty and MJ walking in the hall.

I let go of the boys and run over to the two girls.

They smile as they see me and the three of us grasp each other in a tight, loving hug.

•                   •                   •                  •

The next step is Tony's funeral.

(fit 2)

We all gather at Tony and Pepper's house

I drive in with Wanda and Steve. It breaks my heart that Natasha isn't there. We get out of the car and Wanda holds my hand as we walk up the same steps I'd been greeted by when we presented the time-heist to Tony.

For the first little bit after everyone came back, we stayed with Pepper. We managed to get our hands on a two bedroom apartment for Wanda and I. Peter and May lost their old apartment, but they were able to get an apartment not far from us.