Prologue

Warnings: strong language, violence, gore, mature themes.

Credits to the cover art go to the original artist of the webtoon series, Rakyeon.

_

Annoying. 

"Jeez. I just wanted to sleep. How the fuck did I end up here again?" a tired feminine voice echoed within the grimy walls.

"Your jet crashed in a place that turned out to be a war zone and we found you miraculously  alive and asleep within the debris." a gruff voice monotonously answered back.

"Right, I heard you say that before, Major Kang. But how did we end up here as in this prison cell." 

"You woke up in our checkpoint and fell asleep again when we were under attack. Our enemies hauled you in here along with us. Now you're awake again and in a prison cell." Major Kang answered like he was having a hard time trying to process his own words.

"Man, what are the chances...." the voice trailed off.

.

.

.

"Did you fucking fall asleep again!!?" Major Kang hollered in disbelief. The body slumped against the wall next to him jerked abruptly.

"Ugh, well not anymore" the voice drawled, eyes narrowed in annoyance.

"Kid, I know you're really tired and new to this situation but I advice you not to fall asleep in an enemy territory." the man sighed.

"I know. I know. I'm trying." the girl let out a soundless sigh and stretched her sore feet on the dusty floor of the cell. The chill of the cold prison wall seeped in through the material of her shirt as she leaned against it.

"So, you guys work for the Korean military?" she decided that engaging in a conversation would help fight the gravity acting on her eyelids.

"Yes. I apologize for dragging you into this situation"

"Nah. You actually saved my life. If you'd left me asleep within the debris, I'd probably be dead cause of those psychos who brought us here." her gaze was fixed on a spot of red on her jeans.

It was a dark red and she was currently covered in these red stains. Some were due to her own wounds and some were due to the blood that splattered on her during the entire ordeal of her jet crash, constant fighting, gunshots and casualties.

Major Kang glanced at the girl next to him. She was of small stature, probably a high schooler who'd decided to go on vacation and had unfortunately gotten into a crash on her way. He would have brushed it off as nothing if only she hadn't been abnormally calm throughout their entire situation. 

Where was the aftershock of being in a jet crash? Where was the fear of being caught up in a war zone? Do high school girls wear such stable expressions in the face of big and scary foreign captors? Not once did she flinch as the loud gunshots were fired. Neither did she pale at the sight of all the blood on the battle field.

Well she had been asleep during majority of the scuffle....

But the list of her abnormally calm reactions to the battle environment was rather suspicious. The two other men in the cell along with Major Kang seemed to have the same thoughts. Not that this was their main priority in their current situation though. 

All the captives snapped their heads up as the cell's door rattled open to reveal one of their bulky captors looking down on each of them before....

Before he was smacked unconscious by some unknown person behind him.