more than friends p.1

Often-The Weekend

﹝•••﹞

The click-clack of my heels sounded off the pavement. The sound of sirens could be heard in the distance. The bright red led's reading "Josie's Diner" glowed on my face.

Matt, Foggy, Karen, and I needed a break from all the work we've buried ourselves in the past couple of days. We decided to have the night out at Josie's and drink the night away, maybe play some pool while we're at it.

The small bell rung above me as I walked in through the door, the smell of liquor and cigarettes hitting me like a brick. I looked around the room, ignoring the druggies and drunks, finding my small group of friends.

I heard a quiet yell of my name across the room. Giving my full attention to that side of the room, I found Foggy by a booth calling me over. I beamed as I walked over to them. I gave them all a big hug and greeted them. I sat next to Matt, putting my purse between us.

"I don't know about you guys, but I need a drink," I told them as they all laughed. I called over a waitress to bring over a tray of shots. I immediately downed mine.

"Damn y/n! Couldn't even wait for any of us," Karen said, full shot glass still in her hand.

"Sorry I just..." I hung my head low, running my fingers through my hair. "I've been stressed lately, I really needed this." I looked back up at them. I felt Matt's hand on my knee, holding it there for a moment in understanding. I looked at him only to find his eyes blank behind his glasses as usual.

"Well enough of the work talk, lets drink," Matt said, now suddenly so lively, removing his hand from my knee.

After a while of laughing and drinking, all of us getting a little tipsy, Karen had the brilliant idea to play pool.

Matt had been making a couple flirty comments here and there. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't flattered by them. Of course, I flirted back.

It was no secret that Matt was an attractive man. His personality only made him better. His caring heart and dashing looks is what had me head over heels for him. Lusting...if you will.

But I had no desire to start anything with him. I didn't want to ruin what we already had. Even if he was flirty with me now, I knew it was just the drinks getting to him. But that didn't stop me from mirroring his flirtatious comments back.

Foggy set up the pool table, putting the balls all into one place. Karen decided to go first, putting a red stripe into a hole. I offered to help Matt out with his shots.

I stood behind him, pool stick in hand. Having the white ball aligned with a yellow solid. It was hard not to breath in his scent, musky sort of cologne, cedar wood undertones, sexy for sure.

With his hand in mine, still stood behind him, I helped him adjust his stick. We were so focused on getting the ball into the right position that I didn't even notice how close I was to him. My fingers grazed along his toned arms, my hairs stood up. Seemed like he noticed though. Slowly I pulled away from him, letting him take this shot.

We cheered as soon as we saw that yellow ball fall into one of the holes.

I had my almost empty glass in hand cheering him on as he came around and hugged me tight. I wrapped my arms around his neck, smelling that intoxicating cologne of his. Oh how I wanted to hold him longer.

Foggy did his round, missing most of his. "Well, I think I'm gonna order more of these drinks. I'll be back," said Foggy, walking to the bar.

"And I'm pissing my pants. I'm off to the bathroom," yelled Karen, on her way to the restroom, leaving Matt and I alone. Not that I was complaining.

I sighed, noticing the alcohol getting to me, vision getting a little blurry, my mind going a bit foggy.

I rested my arms on the table, breathing a bit. I felt a warmth close behind me. I knew it was Matt by his familiar scent. He put his arms on the pool table too, trapping me between him and the table. I smirked having him so close to me.

I felt him close, his breath almost trickling down my neck. Heat pooled in my core.

"What are you doing Matt," I whispered to him. I thought I heard a low groan.

"I've been thinking about you a lot lately," he said low and deep.

My face was blank as I tried to process the words that came out of his mouth, a smirk slowly forming on my face. "Oh really? What about?"

He sucked in his breath a bit. He waited a moment, almost as if he had to choose his words carefully. "Too sinful to say," he breathed.

I gathered all the self control I had buried inside me to keep me from fucking him right then and there, in the middle of this bar, on this pool table.

Little did I know, Matt could hear the increase in my heartbeat just from those words alone.

I turned around to face him, his face masked with lust. I leaned in, my face only inches apart from his.

But as I went for a kiss, I heard Foggy and Karen come back from her bathroom break. We immediately parted away from each other.

"So what happened while we were gone," Foggy said, throwing his arms in the air. "You both seem nervous."

I noticed Matt scratch behind his neck as we both said in unison "nothing!"

Karen and Foggy looked a bit confused but forgot about it as soon as they took another sip of their drink.

"Uh," I began, trying to find words so it doesn't sound suspicious. "Truth is, I'm pretty tired. Today was a long day, but this was fun! I just kinda wanna go home already."

Matt turned his head slightly my way, he smirked, figuring out what I was trying to do. He wanted to play too. "I'll walk you home," he said, starting to grab his coat and our bags.

"Well, alright guys. Get home safe okay," Karen yelled as we began to head out the front door.

"They're definitely going to fuck," Foggy said to Karen, she only nodded.