Just ask him

You sit on your bed in the technodrome rubbing your paws together. Your tail twitched back and forth as you contemplated your next steps. You've worked for Krang for a while now and that meant working alongside Shredder every step of the way. Every jab he took at Krang's appearance made you laugh even if it wasn't that funny. Every scheme he rambled on about, you could listen for hours without getting bored. It wasn't until you were caught staring longingly at him by Rocksteady that you realized you may have had a huge ass crush on Shredder. Since you realized this, you've been considering asking him on a date.

The thought was nice, but back and forth you argued with yourself on whether he'd actually accept your feelings or just laugh at you. For one thing, you were a half mutant, half human, half (F/A) like your pet. You can't figure out how you didn't fully mutate,but the little bit of ooze you came in contact with gave you paws for your hands and feet, a soft tail, a pair of gorgeous eyes with way better sight than you had, (F/A) teeth, a cute lil (F/A) nose, and (F/A) ears. To be perfectly honest, it just looked like a half assed Halloween costume that you couldn't take off. It wasn't all terrible in some instances though. Your core senses were enhanced and you have way better flexibility and reflexes than before. Still, despite the cool things, you still felt like a freak. Not entirely mutant like Bebop and Rocksteady, not entirely human like Shredder.

Your feelings about yourself aside, you needed to know if Shredder would reciprocate the feelings you had for him. Even if he laughed in your face for even considering the two of you together, it would give you the ability to move on and focus your energy on your job again. On the other hand if he DID feel the same way about you... how would you even be able to go about making that work? You were hired by Krang which technically makes him a coworker, right? Would Krang fire you if he found out? Is it worth going through the heart ache of rejection or risk getting fired and never seeing him again? Could you even keep working if you did get rejected? Would asking really fuck up everything you had going for you? Should you just keep this to yourself or would your internal pining cause you to fuck up more and get you fired anyway?????????

You started panicking about any stupid thing your brain thought was a horrible possibility. Eventually, you just decided to get up to go find Bebop and Rocksteady and ask them what you should do. They may not be the sharpest tools in the shed, but at least they could help you come to a final decision about this. You made your way out of your room down through the technodrome's hallways. Careful not to be seen, you peered into each room trying to find the two dunderheads. You had no reason to be sneaky, you've casually walked around this place before, but for some reason you felt like if you were caught by Krang or Shredder your plans would get found out and you'd be kicked off. Even though they'd only find out if you told them anything. Logic wasn't what was going through your head in that moment, only sneakiness and finding wherever Bebop and Rocksteady could be.

After checking what felt like a billion rooms, you found the two playing cards together. You started to sneak over to the two of them when Rocksteady noticed you and greeted you.

"Oh, hey there Y/N-"

"SHHHHHHHH" You hissed at them. "I'm trying to lay low right now!"

"S-sorry heh heh" Rocksteady now whispered to you.

"I have to ask you something and I need you two to give me your honest answer, okay?"

"*Oink* Sure, ask away."

You took a deep breath to calm yourself. "Do you think I should ask Shredder out on a date? Be honest with me."

The two of them put down their cards and stared at you for a moment then looked at each other. They looked like they knew something that you didn't. Their lack of response made you anxious.

"W-what? Is it a bad idea? Should I just forget about it?" You asked.

"UHHHH..." The two of them droned at the same time. They definitely knew something but they weren't going to just say it. You didn't know if you should coax it out of them or not, but you needed to make a move soon or you'd go insane.

"Funny you ask tha-" Bebop elbowed Rocksteady in the face, interrupting whatever he was saying.

"What's funny about it??? Guys this really isn't helping." You were getting impatient and them acting all weird wasn't getting you anywhere.

"Uh, um, we, uh, we gotta go somewhere else" Bebop said, grabbing Rocksteady by the arm and dragging him off.

"Hey wait!! Where the hell are you going? You didn't answer my question!"

The two of them left and you stood there alone wondering why they suddenly acted like that. You walked out of the room and started wandering by yourself trying to run through your mind what happened and what you should do now. Not watching where you were going, you ended up bumping into something. No, someone. You looked up to see Shredder standing over you. You jumped back and apologized fiercely, expecting a backlash of slander for bumping into him like that. Instead, he just stayed quiet. He let you ramble your apology out a bit until he put up his hand, quieting you. You looked up at his face and noticed it was redder than usual. Your heart pounded even more intensely as you locked eyes. Now he was looking away and shifting. You had a feeling. There was something happening and you were about to let it happen.

"Y/N... Shredder spoke at last, still shifting nervously. Your heart felt like it was going to jump out of your chest hearing him say your name like that. You wanted to ask him so badly, but you stayed quiet, waiting to hear out what he was going to say.

" I, um, I want to ask you something."

♡♡♡♡fin♡♡♡♡