Chapter Three

Me, Harry, and Hagrid are on a train to get to London. "First year students will require: three sets of plain work robes, one wand," Harry reads from his letter. We look up at Hagrid.

"Essential bit of equipment," Hagrid says.

"One pair of dragon-hide gloves," I say and me and Harry turn to look at Hagrid again.

"Hagrid, do they mean for a real dragon?" Harry asks.

"Well, they don't mean a penguin, do they? Heh. Crikey, I'd love a dragon," Hagrid says.

"You'd like a dragon?" me and Harry ask. 

"Fast and misunderstood beasts. Fast and misunderstood," Hagrid looks towards a woman who is sat not too far away from where we're sat, than smiles and nods. The woman returns back to reading her paper. 

-----

"All students must be equipped with... one standard size two pewter cauldron," Harry starts reading the rest of the letter as we are walking down the streets.

"And may bring, if they desire, either an owl, a cat, or a toad. Could we find all this in London?" I ask.

"If you know where to go," Hagrid replies. We continue walking and Hagrid leads us into a pub, where we hear lots of people laughing and music playing.

"Ah, Hagrid! The usual, I presume," the man standing behind the bar says.

"No thanks, Tom. I'm on official Hogwarts business. Just helping young Katie and Harry her buy their school supplies."

"Bless my soul. It's Katie and Harry Potter." Everyone stops laughing and talking, and the music stops as everyone turns their heads to look our way.

"Welcome back, Miss and Mr Potter, welcome back," a man says, coming up to us and shaking our hand.

"Doris Crockford, Miss and Mr Potter. I can't believe I'm meeting you at last," a woman says as she also shakes our hands.

A man in robes with a purple coloured turban on his head appears. "Katie and Harry P-Potter. C-Can't tell you how pleased I am to meat you," he stutters.

"Hello, Professor. I didn't see you there. Katie, Harry, this is Professor Quirrel. He'll be your Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts," Hagrid tells me and Harry.

"Nice to meet you," me and harry say in sync, both reaching out to shake his hands. Quirrel just looks down at our hands, holding his own up and away from ours.

"F-Fearfully fascinating subject. N-Not that you need it, e-eh? Heheh," Quirrel says.

"Yes, well, must be going now. Lots ter buy," Hagrid says.

"Goodbye," me and Harry say to Quirrel as we begin to walk away.

"See, you two are famous!" Hagrid says as we walk out of a back room to face a brick wall.

"But why are we famous, Hagrid?" Harry asks.

"All those people back there, how is it they know who we are?" I ask.

"I'm not sure I'm exactly the right person to tell you that," Hagrid says. He gets his umbrella out his pocket and taps some of the bricks on the wall, going in a circular motion. The bricks start moving to open up the wall, and reveals a hidden, busy street with shops on both sides, the street filled with people coming in and out of shops. "Welcome to Diagon Alley." Me and Harry stare in shock as we walk down. "Here's where you'll get your quills and ink, and over there all your bits and bobs for doing your witchcraft and wizardry."