𝐒𝐈𝐗

𝐒𝐈𝐗⬎

━━━━"I'm your batchmate. Fives." Fives stated. Looking up to dig his reaction, Echo looked mildly offended.

"You really thought I wouldn't figure it out?" Echo asked. "Oh and your foundation sweated off halfway through getting to the hangar."

Five's hand immediately shot up to touch his temple, and was mildly surprised when he pulled back to see his hand not covered in black ink... as if his tattoo would just wipe off. For an ARC trooper, Fives is quite stupid.

"And it's good to see you, your highness," Echo said sincerely, looking at Apollo. "And you Omega. My... You've grown since the last time I saw you."

Apollo shook their head. "Still holding onto that?"

"Of course," He quipped back without a doubt, and was only cut off from his next remark when Fives rushed to hug him. His control on the ship slipped slightly, so that Echo tumbled into Five's chest, smushing the little weight he had onto Fives. "Okay, alright, I missed you too. Thank you, King."

Apollo smiled. "My job was to keep the clones alive. Even if they did become traitors to the republic."

"And now the empire," Fives muttered. "You did all you could, King. Don't... don't beat yourself up over this."

"I'm sure that many clones and Jedi survived because of you," Omega added, holding King's hand, glad to have them back. Apollo gave her shoulder a reassuring squeeze.

"As touching as this reunion is-" Crosshair started, sneering out his words.

"-we still need a place to lay low." Hunter interrupted before Crosshair could say something rude.

"Rex talked about a planet the remaining of the republic supporters were finding refuge on. Most clones and some Jedi are heading there as well," Apollo answered.

"Too many targets on one planet." Echo answered, after being released from Fives. "I say we lay low. Take up a couple jobs till the Empire is stable. Then contact Rex, and see how we can help."

"Any friends?" Fives agreed.

Hunter sat in thought for a while. "Plot a course for J-19"

"Saleucami?" Echo asked.

"Ah, I see." Apollo nodded. "I presume we're talking about the same person?"

"Depends what person you're talking about," Tech answered.

It took years of self control around Anakin and Ahsoka to resist the urge to roll their eyes.

__

Apollo couldn't wake up the next day, just drifted in Wrecker's bed. Omega was curled up against them, but once they landed, she bolted right up with adventure. Omega knew not to wake up Apollo in the mornings.

"Where's the nanny?" Crosshair asked, glancing back.

Wrecker looked back and around as if just realizing this. "Yeah! Where are they!?"

"Getting their beauty sleep?" Crosshair continued.

Fives started toward him, nose scrunched, finger pointed at him and a plethora of words ready to tumble out when Echo stepped in front of him, throwing a tired look at Fives.

"Drop it. Crosshair's just like that. You either adapt or leave, and neither of us want that right now," Echo pointed out.

"You don't know kriff about King," Fives said, but let it go.