Him, the Wolf

Red

The next day, i woke up in great exhilaration. "You seem early today.", said my mother. I only igave her a smile and rushed outside gleefully. Once again, i was between two paths. "I should meet him today.", i whispered to myself as i took the other path enthusiastically.

Funny how i had this urge to meet him, though i know it was prohibited. I walked through the path and i saw the apple tree. But this time, his shadow was not in sight. Maybe i was too early. I rested beneath the tree as i frowned.

Then, i noticed the fresh red apples hanging from the tree branch. I stretched both arms as i tried to reach one of it. "Why do i have to be so petite?", i murmured in vexation. There was no other option but to climb up the tree. And so i did.

I stepped on branch to branch and one of the apples were near my grasps. But in unfortunate turn of events, the branch i stepped on broke that lead to the "damsel in distress falling" scene. My eyes involuntarily closed for i was frightened. But instead of the stony hard ground to catch me, i felt something else.

I felt soft arms embracing me. Slowly, i opened my eyes and i was astonished with what i saw. A fine-looking face of a young man with bright complexion, fuzzy yellow-brownish hair, red fiery eyes and he had.. wolf ears! He gently placed me down as he bowed his head in great abashment.

It was the first time that i saw his complete self upclose. He appeared to be a normal human except for the eyes, fangs, nails, ears and tail that he had. Interestingly, i didn't feel frightened.