Waiting

Wolf

She didn't came by today. Maybe she's busy or ill. But i do hope she's alright. Maybe i should just wait behind this apple tree.

Another day and another day.. and another day passed, but still no sign of her. It's been days, weeks, months, but she hasn't shown up yet. I felt worried sick. I followed the path that she always takes in going here and was dismayed with what i saw.

The path was blocked with gigantic placks of wood nailed from tree to tree. Sharp barb wires were all around. There hanged a sign "Wrong Way". No one could enter, even i can't get out.

I felt like my vulnerable heart was smashed, cut, pinned and shattered. Then tears came running involuntarily out of my red fiery eyes. No matter how i try or no matter what i do, these fangs, nails, tail and ears couldn't just be gone. So this is how the tale ends, right? I'll always be the "Wolf" that everyone feared of.

What kept me going was the thought of her and the last drop of hope saying, "Maybe Red is still trying to work this out." I waited.. and waited. Emotions filled up my mind, heart and soul. I was tormented with the feeling of being abandoned, forgotten, disgusted, and hated. Need i say more?

Every single day of every year, i wait. Hoping that maybe one day a fleeing red color would be in sight. Until then, i'll just be here. Waiting behind this apple tree for my forbidden love.

-
Then they never lived happily ever after.