Chapter 5

[ Sokovia ]

Strange got knocked onto the ground after Wanda sent an entire boulder using her Chaos Magic. The result of a total of two minutes of fighting is a field littered with large holes and relocated dirt. Strange was already exhausted using most of his Eldritch Magic to attack Wanda, but her deflections were too powerful.

For the most part, Wanda was staying in the air. To counter this, Strange unleashed the Icy Tendrils of Ikthalon, also known as the Earth Swallowing Spell. A hole with a blue light opened beneath Wanda and began pulling her in. She couldn't move horizontally, so she concentrated on covering the hole with Chaos Magic.

"No you don't." Strange subtly said, creating points of Eldritch Magic on the ground.

With his sling ring, he conjured the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak to hold all four of her limbs. The Binding Spell stopped her from using her arms or her legs. Essentially, she was stuck in the air—for a few moments that is.

Strange hovered on her level, preparing to create another spell. Wanda was quick to counter, however. She turned the Bands of Cyttorak into bats and unleashed them going to Strange.

In an effort to protect himself, Strange changed the spell in the last minute to the Shield of the Seraphim—a large Eldritch shield which was able to withstand damage more than others. It deflected all the aggressive bats away from the battle. As the shield dematerialised, Wanda had already removed the Earth Swallowing Spell and was moving freely.

Strange took a second to recuperate, which was the same time he noticed Wanda's stance. Her hands were to her sides as it glowed Chaos Magic, while her eyes turned red.

Strange muttered, "Shit."

Wanda threw multiple bolts of Chaos Magic at Strange, to which he could only retreat. Having where she wanted him to be, Wanda crumbled the Earth's core to throw Strange out of balance—which he did. With Strange on his heels, Wanda created a large ball of Chaos energy and threw it at the Master of the Mystic Arts.

At the last second, Strange dispersed the Chaos energy into numerous butterflies. Wanda didn't see it coming, but she always had a backup plan.

Using her telekinesis and creativity, she turned the butterflies into quantum holes that began sucking everything around it. As Strange was in the center of the bout, each hole was trying to pull him into either one.

"—AHHHHHH!!!" Strange took a knee, staying to the ground as much as he could.

Wanda flipped Strange's leg into the air which finally made his body shift to the closest black hole. Using his quick thinking, Strange enclosed each black hole with a pocket Mirror Dimension to seal it away. Each small Mirror Dimension consumed the black hole into nothing.

With that, Strange fell to the ground—hard.

"Crap..." He groaned, turning his head up to see Wanda twisting her fingers for another spell.

To end this, Strange clasped his hands together and created a quick spell. Putting his arms in an X position and retracting them to each side, metal-like cosmic chain emerged from the ground and wrapped itself around Wanda's entire body.

The Mystical Chains of Krakkan—or also known as the Confinement Spell. It tightly sealed the target with chains that would render them unable to move unless told otherwise by the conjurer.

Strange dusted his outfit off of dirt and walked over to the witch. She was struggling to escape even if she was creating small bursts of Chaos Magic under the chains.

"What are you thinking? Huh?" Strange berated like a parent. He sighed and shook his head, "You know the repercussions of reading materials such as the Darkhold, right? RIGHT?!"