Chapter 7

[ Kamar-Taj ]

The portal came and went just as quickly.

Wanda was left confused as the star-shaped portal disappeared along with Strange and Chavez. She had failed to catch them which meant her plan was a failure.

—Unless she could find them again.

Exiting the room she was once in, she went back to the outside of the temple. There were dead bodies still lying in the halls, showing how much damage Wanda had caused to the residents of the Kamar-Taj. It even seemed like the place was crumbling, damaged from the explosions.

When she arrived outside, she noticed one detail.

—The ones who were alive escaped.

Wong, Rintrah, and other noticeable sorcerers were already gone. Still, dozens and dozens of bodies were still on the floor—rotting away. By that time, the fog had disappeared and the night sky consumed the view. Stars shone brightly as the Scarlet Witch walked on the ruins of the Kamar-Taj.

America Chavez... she was your answer.

"She's gone," Wanda answered the voice in the wind. "They escaped and..."

Wanda sighed, not knowing how to find them.

Return to your studies... Scarlet Witch.

Her head turned, understanding the saying it just preached. Hovering into the air, she concentrated hard enough in astral beings that she harnessed the power in Astral Form. Within moments, her copy of the Darkhold appeared in front of her, ready for her use.

She flipped through the pages frantically, looking for the pages that she needed. In the middle of the book, she had found a passage about the powers of Multiversal travel.

"Those powerful enough to be able to rival that of the Sorcerer Supreme, has the ability to traverse the Multiverse—to a certain extent. In separating oneself from their physical form and Astral form, one can move to different universes by breaking through the barriers. However, one cannot bring beings from one universe, to another. It is impossible."

Wanda became fascinated. Placing her legs crossed from one another, she was hovering in the air and placing her hands in the air with Chaos Magic.

 Placing her legs crossed from one another, she was hovering in the air and placing her hands in the air with Chaos Magic

"Chavez..." Wanda muttered.

In her head, Wanda was looking within herself for her Astral Form. Searching deep, she had found it and began removing it from herself—only this time, trying to send it into another universe.

This method may not bring her children back, but it was one step closer to the process. At this point, she didn't care about who or what she had to kill—as long as she was living happily with her family, then that's all she needed. She just wanted one more chance with them.