07.

07. 𝒐𝒇 𝒍𝒐𝒃𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒎𝒆𝒏

WHEN Eddie screamed, it was a girl's scream

That's simply how Riley perceived it, as she genuinely thought it was a girl screaming. She might've imagined she herself had screamed, but she knew she didn't.

And with the loud thud that followed, the combination startled her so much that she dropped her phone onto the floor, suddenly on her feet, and ran into the bathroom.

Now she didn't know what the fuck she saw, but for a split second, she could've sworn she saw white eyes, or something along those lines, stitched into her father's face.

No, no. That's crazy--

Quite quickly though, Riley realized that her father was unresponsive, meaning he indeed stayed where he was.

"Dad?" Riley called cautiously, "oh shit- Dad?!"

Again, no response. Instinctively, she just ran to him, not giving two fucks about what she thought she saw. She just wanted her father to be okay.

"Dad-- okay, um-- just wait here, I'm gonna go get help!" She tries to pat her father's shoulder lightly so as not to wake him, yet that's just what she wants to do.

She freezes as she doesn't really have a clue about what she's doing, her mind endlessly looping - frantically - on what the hell to do.

She draws a blank every time.

Slamming her hands down on the tub rim, she just thinks of the easiest possible answer to the situation for her.

Call Peter.

If she saw what she thinks she saw around her Dad's eyes, then her best bet at figuring any of this out is to call Peter, who although might not have had the same experience, still had something happen to him.

Or have some information on what to do when your father screams from the bathroom and
then proceeds to end up in the bathtub, taking the shower curtain down with him.

"C'mon, c'mon, pick up Peter, pick up," she mutters quickly, and then he picks up.

"Riley?"

"Peter, thank God, okay, so um, I need your help, like now!" She relays him rapidly of her panic. 

"Riley? I- what happened?"