24 - Finding Release

Kaelynn's P.O.V.

                             I cried as I burst through the penthouse. The first place I went to was my room, and I dragged out my suitcase. I threw articles of clothing in it, wanting to hurry up and leave. Whilst packing up, I got my phone out and called Tamara.

"Hello? KayKay?" She answered.

"Tam? Tam, I want to go," I cried into the phone.

"KayKay, are you alright? What happened? Why are you crying?"

"I'll explain later. Please come pick me up!"

"Okay. Where are you?"

"I don't know, I--"

My phone was snatched out of my hand and tossed on the bed. I turned around to see Mason, and I pushed him away.

"Move, Mason!" I shouted, but he grabbed my wrists.

"Just listen to me!"

I shook my body, trying to free my arms. But, he pulled me into him for a hug. I continued to fight and push against him, but he was extremely strong, and I was pressed against him.

"STOP, MASON!" I screamed into his chest.

Mason rocked my back and forth, and I submitted and cried on him. He stroked my hair and told me things that would make me feel better.

"Mason, why?" I cried, hugging him back. I don't understand why he hasn't hated me yet. Why was he here, hugging me? Why wasn't he yelling at me to get out and away from him? Why was I still attracted to him?

"Kaelynn, calm down," he said in my ear.

I tried to swallow the rest of my tears, in fear that I'll have a panic attack or start hyperventilating. My head laid against Mason as I sniffed, then turned around.

"Why are you still here?" I choked out. "Can't you see I'm trying to leave?" My voice cracked unintentionally, shaking my head.

I could still hear Tamara on the phone talking, trying to reach me. So, when I tried to reach for it, Mason jumped for it and got it instead, ending up on the other side of the bed. I screamed for him to give me it back.

"Sorry, Tam! She'll talk to you later. 'Bye!" Mason hung up and slipped the phone in his pocket.

"MASON! GIVE ME MY PHONE BACK!" I yelled, starting to cry again.

"Kaelynn, just calm down and let me speak!"

"Why do you want to talk to me? I want to leave!"

"How come we can't be best friends anymore?"

I wiped my tears away. "Because...we just can't. Not anymore."

"Is it something I did? Kaelynn, tell me!"

I shook my head and tried to finish packing. Unfortunantly, Mason was back on this side of the bed, and pushed me against the wall. He held himself up so we would be face-to-face.

"You aren't leaving until we settle this." He stated.

"Mason, just--"

"No, Kaelynn. We are talking. Now."

I sighed, not looking into his eyes. I can't trust myself to do that again.

"You don't want to be friends anymore?" He asked.

"It's not that I don't want to. We just can't. It won't be right. Your girlfriend already hates me! If she finds out...I'm dead! And...and it's just not right. Mason, I don't want to be the one who broke you two up!"

"Kaelynn, you didn't! Regina and Damen did! Besides, I kissed you."

"But, I kissed you back! I wasn't supposed to! I'm sorry, Mason, I really am. Don't hate me! I'll just pack my things and go, okay? You won't have to deal with me no..."

I was silenced as Mason kissed me. As much as I wasn't supposed to, and I knew it was wrong, I couldn't help but kiss back. It was such a good oppurtunity, and I couldn't resist.

"Mason, stop," I said after pulling away. "We can't keep doing that if you're still with Regina."

Mason stroked my hair. "I know, Kaelynn. I'm sorry. I just...it'll be hard for me. I've loved Regina for the longest, and to find out that she doesn't even respect me breaks my heart. And then, here you are. I've known you for about a month, and I can't stop thinking about you. It's a lot to process."

I stroked his cheek with my thumb. "And I'll stay away until you can figure it out."

"No! I need somebody with me. Because...I like you. I like you more that a friend. It took me some time to realize it, but I do."

"Mason...I-I like you too. I just didn't know how to tell you. And I was pretty confident you wouldn't return my affections."

Mason smiled at me. "Do you know how great it feels talking with someone who sounds educated?"

I laughed a little. "What are you saying?"

"You're someone who doesn't say 'Da' or 'dang' or 'outta here' or some stupid things that I can't understand. See, girls like her and guys like me don't mix."

"Yet, you managed to make it work, Mase."

Mason smiled even bigger and shook his head. He continued to play with my hair. "This your real hair?"

"And you're talking about an uneducated person. Yes, this is my real hair."

"Regina barely wears her real hair. You're so classy. I kinda wish I met you before all that you had to go through. I wonder is this how you would act."

"Maybe," I teased, smiling.

He shook his head. "Come on. I still have our cheesecakes in the fridge."

"You brought them here?"

"Yeah. Since I knew you'd want it sooner or later."

"Awww. You're so thoughtful."

"So, will you stay?"

I pretended to think. After all that was shared, why would I leave?

"Of course, Mase."

Mason smiled and kissed my forehead. "I'm really sorry."

"I am too."

A/N: Eeeeek! XD Do you love me now?

I really like the cover thing. Don't you? Yes? Okay!

Thank you all for the support and love! Love you guys more!

Will Mason break up with Regina? I can't tell you. SO DON'T ASK!

Until next update...

FlavahzNation Forever!