Johnny

"Hey, bitch boy," he said nonchalantly as he pushed his way into my house with a handful of snacks.

"I do not appreciate this disruption of my peace at this hour of the night," I scolded as he set his things down on the coffee table in the middle of the lounge. I closed the door and rubbed my eyes.

"You never come outside, Evan, so shut up and enjoy my company."

I groaned and threw myself face-down one of the black leather couches, relaxing my body as tiredness began to envelop me.

"Wake up," he demanded, planting a firm hand on my back and shaking me relentlessly. I conceded to his attempts and finally sat up straight, my vision blurry from the pressure put on my eyes. I looked up at him and examined him properly. Johnny had tied his relatively long, brown hair into a neat low ponytail with two front pieces framing him face. His lips were uncharacteristically glossy and his eyebrows weren't as messy and disorganised as they typically were. He did dress comfortably in a well fitting red short-sleeved T-shirt that showed off his growing pectorals and lean arms, as well as an oversized pair of loose blue jeans.

"You look homeless," he commented as I sat up. I looked down at myself and surveyed my wrinkled lavender hoodie and aging grey sweatpants. Maybe not stain-free, but they were presentable.

"You, on the other hand, look like you've put in some effort into your appearance. Unusual for you."

"Shut up. I brought snacks. Let's watch a movie," he suggested, sitting next to me and looking around for the TV remote.

"I agreed to nothing."

"I'm thinking we should watch that one movie with Jennifer Lawrence where she kills people."

"Okay then, but I will enjoy none of this. This was my alone time and you are now in my personal space," I said reclining the couch to get comfortable. Johnny found the remote and turned on the Tv. He started scrolling through the catalogue and decided against the original movie idea after seeing some more interesting offerings.

I sighed and got up to go to the kitchen. I switched on the bright white lights, and let my vision quickly adjust to the change in lighting. I opened the fridge and pulled out two cans of soda, making sure to shake one profusely.

I made my way back to the lounge, making sure to switch off the kitchen lights, and any other lights that may ruin our immersion into whatever movie Johnny decided on.

"Here," I say, handing him a can.

"Thanks." I take a seat next to him, scooting a bit father away from him to avoid any awkward touching.

"Have you decided on anything yet?" I ask, opening my can and drinking my grape flavoured carbonated drink.

"Nothing yet," he said. He had put the remote down and opened the can. A messy fountain of dark purple liquid spurted from the can and covered his face. He quickly pointed the can towards me, and I held my hands up to prevent it from getting on my face.

We erupted into a fit of laughs and giggles as he tried wiping away the sticky soda from his face.

"This is YOUR fault!" he screamed after a particularly loud giggle.

"I'm sorry, I was just having fun," I said in between giggles. He reached his hand out to slap my arm but I caught it before he could land a hit.

We froze in that position. Our eyes locking in with one another. I could almost see a tiny twinkle in his dark, commanding eyes. I could feel his slightly laboured breath on my face, indicating just how close we were to one another. I could feel his quickening pulse in his wrist, as well as the muscles in this forearm that tightened ever so slightly.