Travis

So, I'm gay and shit, and I really wanted a boyfriend.

So one night, I'm in my kitchen, making a sandwich. I hear my phone ring, and I go to check it out.

It's an SMS, so I put it back down. I'm curious as to what it could be, so I pick my phone back up, and it's a message from Travis.

T: I can see you.

This is weird. Why would he text me that? It's the middle of the night, and I just want to eat in peace.

Me: Fuck off.

I put my phone on the counter, and wait for his next message. He's obviously trying to scare me, but I'm not having any of it.

T: Put that down.

Me: I'm not holding anything.

T: Put that down, Manny.

I'm obviously annoyed at this point. He texts me out of the blue and wants to scare me. Is this his idea of a practical joke? Or is he just trying to be funny?

I do like how we text in full, and proper sentences. A lot of people don't do that, and it's sort of scary.

Me: I know what I can do to make you stop. I'll just act super homo and you'll back off.

The way I'm thinking is...sort of logical. Straight boys tend to just...leave me alone when I start 'flirting' with them. I don't know how to flirt, so that adds to the discomfort they feel.

T: No I won't, I'm secretly gay.

Gay...?

I'm surprised...taken aback. I'm sure he's saying this just to mess with ME and to get ME uncomfortable, and to get me to back off.

Me: No you're not, you had a girlfriend.

He dated this girl, Hannah, for a while. They thought that they were going to get married. Of course it was ridiculous, and they ended up parting ways a few months into the relationship.

T: How can I prove it?

There's only one way he can prove it to me, and it's the first thing I type

Me: Kiss me.

T: Sure. When?

Me: Tomorrow.

T: Okay.

~

It's the next day, and I'm hanging out with Oliver, one of my best friends. I want to go to Travis's house so I can...kiss him. I don't want to seem persistent nor do I want to seem like a desperate fucker. I've never had any feelings for him. I've never been attracted to him, and I never thought about him in that way.

He is attractive, I'll give him that. His curly dark-brown, almost black hair, his light brown skin, his beautiful caramel eyes, and his plump lips. He could make any girl go crazy.

Oliver and I are just walking around our neighbourhood, hanging out. We live really close to one another, just down the street. That's how we are able to be such close friends: geographical convenience. 

Oliver is the type of guy that spends at least half his life in the gym or doing some kind of sport. He's pale, and he shaved his head a few weeks ago, so his head looks bare, apart from the little bits of blond hair starting to grow back in.

As we're walking down the street, I spot someone walking towards us. I recognize that mop of curly, dark hair. It's Travis. He looks like he's on a run, but he stops when he gets to us.