Chap 1- Letters from my heart

1st October 2017

Dear Cairo,

It has been 1 year since you left me here, alone. In the cold city of Vancouver, I stood alone, staring at your lifeless body. Dead.

My body froze and my vision went hazy. I planned for that day to be the best 3-year anniversary ever, but it turned out to be the worst day of my life. It was the day my angel left. Left to go and dine with real angels. I never thought that your life would be cut so short.

The driver who killed you has been found and arrested. It put me at rest a bit but I still feel so guilty and depressed every time I cross that road. It should have been me instead.  I should have been hit by that car instead. Why couldn't I protect you?  You would still be here with me if I did.

I have taken a few therapy sessions to overcome the trauma but it has never worked. I don't think that I will ever find someone quite like you Cairo.

This past year without you have been hell but I have faith, that one day, maybe just one day, we will meet again my love.

I will never forget you.

I still thank the stars for uniting us on this very day 6 years ago, where I swore that we will never be apart. I am truly sorry for not being able to fulfil my only promise to you.

I miss you.

Love from Jayden Grant❤️

P.S. I still love you