four.

*ೃ༄DRE*ೃ༄

*ೃDRE*ೃ

GREENVILLE, SC 2019

"She's not even gonna expect it," I say on my way to Mylani's basketball game.

Being the amazing ass nigga I am, I lied to Mylani last weekend and told her I was too busy to make it to her basketball game; but in reality, I just want to surprise her.

"You doing a lot for her to not even be yo girl," Woods says on FaceTime.

"I know. I already told you though, she seem different bruh. Like, me doing this, seems normal; I don't know how to explain it. It doesn't feel like I'm doing this in that typa way."

"Mmtch. I gotta talk to you about something whenever her game finish."

"Ight bro."

We hang up while I try to find a parking space at her high school.

I finally find one, buy a ticket, and make my way into the gym. I try to get a seat in the front row so it's be easier for her to find me.

The game is just about to begin.

Not gonna lie, it took her long as hell to realize I was there, but when she did, she gasped so loud.

The whole game was stopped because they thought she was having a panic attack or some shit. Shortly after she told them the scenario, the game begun.

She got hops fasho...and aim. She a three point pro for real.

Watching her play made me realize: I could get used to this. Seeing how happy she is and how competitive she plays, plus she look good while doing it.

But there's always that voice in the back of my head telling me I'm moving too fast. I'd hate to distance myself from her because of what a completely different person did to me.

But I do have to look out for myself.

The final quarter had just ended: Lani's team won of course. She runs over to me and I hug her.

"I'm a lil sweaty my bad," she laughs. "I thought you couldn't make it?"

"I just wanted to surprise you. You really can hoop we gotta one v one some time."

"Nigga that wouldn't be fair for you."

I suck my teeth, "Girl stop playin I'd beat you."