4.6

𓅓

𓅓

— That night, Harry wrapped Finley in his arms as they slept.

It was a long night, but a successful one.

It was not long after they got settled at The Burrow, Finley planned to go to bed. She cleaned up hers and Harry's wounds to the best of her ability before they set off to bed.

The black wound on her leg stung sharply.

Finley stirred in her sleep as she felt movement from beside her. She had been allowed to sleep in the same bed as Harry. It's not like the adults had any say, since none of them had any guardianship over the teenagers. They were in Ron's room. It's where Finley would stay anyways when she resided at The Burrow.

She woke up just as Harry did. She panted, heavy breathing. "Fin?" He whispered into the darkness.

"Harry...?" She had seen only an image from the dream. The locket.

His eyes held thoughtfulness for a moment as his brain worked hard to find out something. Finally, he spoke up. "Go back to sleep, Fin." He stood up out of bed quietly. "I'm going to get some fresh air."

Finley knew he was lying.

She watched as he picked up a bag while going outside, grabbing his wand. Hedwig flapped behind him quietly. Finley got out of bed as soon as he exited the room.

She heard Ron start rustling when she exited as well.

"Where do you think you're going?" Finley spook quietly as Harry was almost out the front door.

"I–"

"Don't give me any BS. Tell me the truth." She cut him off.

"I have to start finding other Horcruxes. I can't drag anyone else along with me– I can't have anyone else die." Harry almost whimpered, as his face crumbled. He couldn't have that on his conscience.

Harry never showed emotion, especially to people he wasn't close with. But Finley was different. She was her. And that's what he needed. He could be himself with her; show his true colors.

"I'm not stopping you, but I'm not letting you go alone either. So, come on, then." Harry nodded at her with a soft smirk on his face.

He situated the bag on his back, exiting the home. Finley follows after him, quietly closing the door.

Just as they continued on their way towards the tall crops, the front door to The Burrow opened. "Going somewhere?"

Harry and Finley paused, turning around.

Hedwig, who was on hovering in flight above Finley's head, chirped at the new presence.

Harry immediately began to defend himself. "Nobody else is going to die... Not for me." He grabbed Finley's hand, starting to walk forward again.