I'll Give You The Warmth You Deserve

Evan could hear his older brother shriek in fear all the way to his room.
A lump formed in his throat as thick tears ran down his cheeks.

Did they find him?! Did they try to hurt him too?! Did they hurt him?!!

He always wanted Michael to believe him and to see them, but not like this! Evan didn't want his big brother to get hurt.

Taking up any and all the courage the six, soon to be seven year old, had, he walked to the door and slowly opened it, waiting out for a second to hear, if there perhaps was one of those scary robots, lurking in the darkness.

Michael has woken up in cold sweat, eyes wild, as he sat and just looked around.
He was in his room. He wasn't at the Dinner and his little brother's head wasn't crushed by the metalic bear on stage entirely by his fault.

His mind summarized, that he was acting like a whimp, but he could just hear a voice in his head yell at him to go and check on his little brother.
To make sure, that he was truly okay and not hurt. That he was in his room safe and sound. To make sure he wasn't a murderer.

So he hopped on his feat and just ran for it.
His mind came to a stop, when he saw what looked like a broken blue robotic bunny standing near the wall, which connected to Evan's room.
He slowly reached his arm out to touch it only to realize that....

It glitched? It was a projection. An illusion.

Michael was usually a very sound sleeper, so he didn't wonder around the house at night much. It was the first time he saw something like this! And hopefully the last.

And... Wait a moment. Didn't Evan say, that dad's robot's go hunt him at night?
Did their father sat up some kind of device to scare Evan at night?

And Michael called him loser and worse degrading nicknames for fearing the animatronics.
In fact why did it even have such sharp teeth and claws? These versions were completely different from Fredbear and SpringBonnie from the diner. Even the masks he and his friends wear to scare Evan.
He cringed at that thought, yeah, he'll try not to do that one again.

Evan cried out as the loud sound of the blue scarred bunny robot attempted to bite him.
He fell to the floor, completely paralyzed. His breathing was ragged and he couldn't tell if the animatronic continued to feast on his leg or if it just left.

Everything hurt. Getting oxygen into his lungs hurt. Thinking hurt. His skin hurt from weeping all day and night long.

,,Evan!" The boy recoiled from the touch that suddenly landed on his shoulder. ,,Bloody murder- Hey, it's okay! It wasn't real! No one's going to hurt you, you hear me?"
The tired eyes tried to focus on the person talking to him. ,,Breathe Evan. It's fine." His tears were gently wiped. The boy looked up to see his brother.

Evan's feelings were messy and he didn't understand them. At one point, he'd been so glad Michael was okay! On the other hand...did he come to scare him and laugh?
He did not notice the small pieces of what once was a disk on the ground as Michael seemingly tried to 'kick' the illusion of nightmarish Bonnie.

The younger sucked in a deep breath.
,,It hurt..."he managed to stutter out, trying more to stop his sobbing more than trying to get his breathing under control.
Michael never liked it when he cried.
,,Okay, can you tell me where it hurts?"the teen tried.
,,My-y head..."the younger responded with a hiccup.

Michael sighed. ,,Great. Now you probably have a migraine." The little boy was pressing his hands against his mouth and nose, trying and failing to hold in the pitiful sobs.
,,No, Ev-, Evan, stop that!"the older brother commanded, pulling the hands away from the boy's mouth.
,,I'm sorry...I'm sorry, i'm sorry, i'm- i am sor- sorry.." Evan kept repeating, curling in on himself and shielding his face.

Michael sighed. He was getting annoyed.
,,Come here, crybaby." The degrading nickname didn't have the bite it usually had. Instead the teen tried to coax the little boy to cooperate.
And Michael had to pause. He never tried to actually calm his brother, heck he never even was nice to him, when he started weeping. Which Evan did all the time.

Michael cringed a again. He started realizing he really was a shitty brother.
,,Hey, Ev. You're going to sleep in my room, okay?"
Evan looked at him with his pain filled dark green eyes. He usually couldn't see Michael's face. When he imagined his older brother, he could muster up some features, but he usually only saw the foxy mask.
His brother had bright blue eyes, less colder than their father's. Evan wasn't aware of this fact before.
He slowly nodded, getting up from the floor with the help of his brother. His leg still hurt, despite there not being any marks of teeth. He wouldn't tell Michael it hurt.

In the end he didn't even have to. Michael picked him up, same way as he did, when Evan was four, before Elizabeth was born...before Circus Baby killed her.
He carried Evan back to his room and into his bed, where they layed together.
Michael's room was warm. The bed, the sheets, Michael himself provided a lot of warmth. Something Evan greatly lacked.
Evan's room was cold, just like Evan himself. Their mother always said he got it from William. Their father was always cold in more than one way.

,,Stop thinking so hard and just sleep. It's two in the damn morning." The older of the brothers grumbled. One of his arms sneaked around Evan's waist holding him close. Protecting him from the horrible monsters roaming the halls of their home.
Evan smiled, enjoying his brother's warmth as his mind slowly eased him to sleep.

He just wished his brother would stay this nice the next day.