Chapter 3

Maya's POV
The more I behave the more things I get for my bed. If I misbehave once, I get everything taken away, back to the original.
Dream 1
I fell asleep on the car ride back to Tulsa. I woke up to someone lightly shaking me saying "come on kid, time to get up. I cant carry you."
I finally sat up, looked around, and wrinkled my nose. "I don't wanna be here." I wined
"Well it's not My choice. You father did take you, that's illegal."
"But my mother hates me sir."
"No she don't. If she did she woulda never reported your father. She cares bout ya girl."
"No that's not true. What's gunna happen to my daddy?"
"Well, your mom decided not to press charges, so nothing."
"Oh"
"Alight, let's go. Your mothers probably waiting"
"I doubt it" I mumbled
The police officer grabbed my bags in one hand, and guided me by my arm with the other. We walked up the steps and he knocked on the door.
"Just a second." my mothers voice rang "Steve, can you go let them in."
My mother was very loud plus the walls were paper thin.
"Uh alright." the door opened and I stared at the ground. I didn't want to look him in the eye, because he blames me for our parents getting divorced.
"Come in sir." my bother said sweetly
The officer guided me in.
Dream over.
Dream 2(3 months later)
"Maya, get your ass down here."
I slowly walked down the stairs to my mothers screaming.
"Yes?"
"What the hell is this?!?!"she pointed to 3 shattered plates on the floor
"Mom I said I did it" Steve interrupted
"Shut up Steve, don't lie for you worthless sister."
"She's not-"
"I said shut up"
My mother had a knife in her hand. Mine and Steve's eyes went wide.
"Mom, please don't hurt us" Steve pleaded
"Go to your room Steven"
"But-"
"NOW" she yelled
He looked at me with scared, sad eyes.
I just nodded and shrugged my shoulders.
"Now for you, come here bitch."
I obeyed "turn around." I obeyed again. I looked up at the stairs, and there was Steve half way up, looking terrified.
"Now Steve what did I tell you?."
"Sorry -"
"Steve come here."
"Ok" he walked over to us. She was standing next to me.
"take off your belt son, and hand it over."
"Why?"
"Just fucking do it damn it"
"Ok ok" he took off his belt. And looked at us. He handed the belt to mom.
"Now go, go right up to your room right now."
He looked at me, I nodded. I don't want him here for any of this. She has already done this once before. He ran up the stairs and I heard his door slam shut. I think he might have been mad.
"Take off your shirt Maya." I did as I was told
"Now your pants" I obeyed, now I was standing in my underwear. I was scared.
"Face the wall" I moved and touched my nose to it. I heard the belt buckle rattle, and then I felt the belt come down on my back. I screamed. She kept going. She stopped after 7. I heard the wall being punched upstairs. She did it again and again. I yelped everytime, the pain never died down. I lost count after 14. All I knew was it hurt. She moved down to my butt and slid off my underwear and belted me twice.
"Put on your underwear." I did as told. "Turn around." I did, every move hurt, unbearably. I looked at my feet.
"Now clean up the plates."
I slowly moved over to them and hurtfully kneeled. I started to pick up the glass. I kept cutting my hands and fingers. I could feel the blood trickling down my back and hands. Once I was finished she spoke"go upstairs and don't come back down."
"Y-yes mam"
My clothiers weren't in sight. So I walked up to mine and Steve's room. The door was locked. I rattled it. "Steve?" I whispered
The door unlocked. I walked in.
"Oh my god Maya"
"I'm alright." I looked at the walls and saw 7 holes, fist sized.
"Heres a loose shirt, it's one of mine"
"Thanks" I grabbed the shirt and walked passed him. "holy shit"
So he saw my back
"Maya....."
I put the shirt on, and looked at him.
"Were going to my friends house"
" But she said I couldn't leave"
"Mi, she went to work"
"Oh alright" I went toward the door, when I was picked up bridal style by my brother. We walked all the way to his buddies house.
"Mrs. Curtis, I need help." I looked around and saw 6 boys and a man sitting in the living room.
"What is it sweetie?"
"My sister" I heard a bunch of "sister?s"
"Alright, lay her on the couch, boys move. They all scattered, except one, Mickey Mouse shirt and glued to the tv set.
"Two bit Mathews don't make me call you by your full name."
"What?" He looked at her confused, then saw that no one was on the couch. He smiled and moved next to one of the others, glued to the tv again.
"Ok now what's the problem."
"Her back" I was slowly flipped over. Steve's shirt was pulled up. I heard 5 gasps, followed by 3 more.
"Oh dear lord Steve, what happened." Mrs Curtis whispered
Dream over.
Dream 3 (year sense I was brought back to mom)
"Steve I'm I'm sorry."
"Look, I'm just so damn pissed. I don't even want to look at you. If you were never born, they'd be together, and we'd be a happy family. But here you are."
"I'm sorry. I didn't mean it. I wish I was never born." blood trickled down my hand from under my sleeve.
"What's that?"
"N-nothin" I tried to wipe the blood off
"Pull up your sleeve now" he yelled
I shook my head
The door opened. The smell of alcohol came in. I turned, and saw my dad. His eyes were like red.
"Heyyyy Maya."
"Hi daddy!!!!"
"Ready to go home?"
"Um I don't know dad, I don't want you in trouble."
"Your not taking her" Steve said calm yet stern.
"And why not" he pulled a gun and pointed at Steve
"Daddy no. He's my brother. Please dad please don't." I begged
"Fine,"he pointed the gun to my head.
"Let's go. I'll shoot her brains out if you try to stop me Steve."
Steve had no emotion on his face.
Dream over.