Was It A Joke?

*Monday morning*

-I wake up to find myself, laying in bed.
(That's weird) I think. "This must be a mistake, I know what happened last night was real, how did I end up here?"
I say. I get up out of my bed and walk over to the mirror. I looked more healthy now more then I had ever been.
I felt my face to make sure I wasn't dreaming. But, oh I wasn't dreaming.
I was alive and well.
-I wanted to know how I ended up here.
Who could have brought me here?
I was in the middle of nowhere last night.

I then got a call from an unknown number.
--I didn't want to answer but it could have been my boyfriend, right?
No. From what I saw, he was dead. He had no signs of life at all. Whoever did what they did to my boyfriend, made sure they finished him off good.
Im still pissed about it.
I answered the call, expecting it to be one of those spam calls, but no, I was incredibly wrong.
It was the hospital right up the street from my house.
They had called me to tell me about my boyfriend, Cam.
Whatever they were saying sounded funny, maybe I just wasn't listening due to the fact MY boyfriend could have been revived.
I didn't respond to a word they said.
Without thinking about it, I hung up. I grabbed my keys and sprinted out of the house and got into my car. I was driving super fast, even past the speed limits.
-I needed to see my boyfriend.

*3 minutes later*

"YES!" I yelled as I arrived to the hospital.
I got out of the car and ran to the hospital doors.
When I finally got in, I asked the assistant where my boyfriend was. I had been there multiple times so she is well aware of who my boyfriend is.
"Im so sorry." She says while leading me to his room.
-When I saw him, I bursted into tears.
I couldn't help but to cry as I saw the love of my life laying there on the hospital bed.
"Don't cry princess " He struggles to speak. "A princess shouldn't cry." He stutters.
His words melted my heart and I was forced to cry even more.
"My prince charming." I say while sobbing and walking towards him at the same time.
-I could see him slowly trying to smile.
I sat in the chair beside his bed while staring at his eyes.
He then tracks me and we are forced to lock eyes with each other.
I couldn't keep my eyes off of him.
I was in shock that he was even still alive after everything I had saw.
I could have sworn he was a goner.
-It made me realize how strong my beloved, Cameron was.

I reached to grab his hand.
He squeezed my hand back and my life felt complete. Nothing else would have made me feel any better in that moment but him. I didn't want him to leave my sight. I was gonna stay with him until someone had to KILL me to get me away from him.
-I don't care if I died holding his very hand.

I was NOT leaving him no matter what.