mission to go home [one]

𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕣𝕖𝕓𝕠𝕣𝕟 𝕒𝕟𝕘𝕖𝕝

BACK WITH THE MCCALL PACK

A FEW MONTHS LATER

"Hey, Scott, have you seen Madison? She's been gone for the past week." Melissa McCall walks into the kitchen. The mother stops when she finds the pack huddled over the island in the center. She was surprised, but the pack had visited often—more than usual now that she thought about it. "Oh, hey guys, I didn't know you were coming over."

"Sorry, mom, I... uh... should've told you," Scott whispers just enough so that his mother could hear. That was when the nurse knew something was wrong. She finally gets a good look at the teens, all of them stressed... and almost grieving.

"Oh my god, what happened?" Melissa turns on the light and rushes next to Scott. He seemed to be in the most distress. Olivia's hand shoots out to hide the printed photo that was laid on the counter, but it was too late... Melissa had already seen it. "Is that Madison? Oh my god! You guys better tell me what is going on right now!"

The photo was of the McCall girl. Her face showed off bruises and cuts, hands weakly gripping her ribs as she was forced to stand on her knees. An unknown hand gripping her jaw so tightly that Madison was bleeding from their nails. Her eyes glazed over and you could see that she was tired.

"Mom... we have to tell you something," Scott sniffles, wiping the tears that fell rapidly from his eyes. "You know how we've been acting weird since sophomore year..."

...

WITH MADISON

PRESENT-DAY

"Well... you haven't healed a bit," the woman that Madison learned was called Felicia condescendingly taunts. All of Madison's sarcastic and snarky comments—her personality, for that matter—had been stripped away from her as she did more and more things for the sadist. "I'll take the blame, however, I did get a bit carried away last night."

The McCall girl looks up at Felicia with blank eyes, waiting for the lady's so-called 'missions'. Madison felt numb like she wasn't human—she felt like a weapon rather than a person. Her supernatural healing abilities had dramatically slowed down from the lack of rest she had been getting. Her last good day of sleep was when Felicia had first taken her.

"I have a mission for you, it's one that you'll hate... but I'll most definitely enjoy," something chewed at Madison's gut. She had a feeling she knew exactly what it was and she was terrified.

"You're going to go back to your home and spy on your little friends. Tell me all of their plans and what is going on. And in no way will you reveal who I am, or else I will make your life worse than I've made it."

It is official, Madison's luck is the worst ever.

...

Felicia was kind enough to drop Madison off at home—note the sarcasm. Madison's body had yet to heal with ribs broken, cuts open, bruises everywhere. As best as she could, she walked—more like stumbled—up the porch.

The teen was in pain but she was home.

After months and months of torture, she was finally home.

Before she even touched the doorknob, the door was yanked open and she was thrown into a tight hug. The hug spread multiple spikes of pain throughout her broken body, but she didn't care.

Even though she had no clue who was hugging her, Madison weakly hugs back. The dam of tears breaks and Madison begins to sob into the person's neck. Their grip tightened, earning a hiss of pain from the McCall girl. Almost immediately, they let go, not wanting to hurt her more.

As they do, Madison sways a bit but manages to steady herself. The first person she sees is Scott, his eyes were red and puffy as if he had been crying. The girl bitter-sweetly smiles, "Scotty... I missed you."

"Me too, Mads, me too," his eyes trail over the sorceress's figure, his eyebrow pulling together in fury, "who did this to you?"

Madison goes to answer but the word of her captor repeats in her head. 'Or else I will make your life worse than I've made it.' Immediately she shakes her head, "don't worry about them... they're... g-gone."

"Scott, who is it-"

Melissa McCall freezes at the sight of her daughter, she was both relieved and worried. Madison's eyes filled up with tears, her lip quivering, "m-mom." That's all it took for Melissa to gently bring her daughter into a loving embrace. The woman rested her hand on the back of Madison's, and the unoccupied arm around her waist.

Madison pulls away first, feeling the need to be inside and away from the terrors of the outside, "can we go inside? Please?"

"We need to take you to a hospital-"

"No! Please, mom, no. I can't go because then they'll ask what happened and I don't want to explain it," Madison wheezes out before abruptly turning to the side, leaning against the railing of the porch and coughing up blood onto the floor of the porch.

The girl's legs give out from under her, and it feels like her body decided it needs to shut down. Scott quickly catches her before she hits the ground, but accidentally uses her ribs to do so, only intensifying the feeling Madison was feeling.

She gasps, hastily shoving away Scott's hands and clutching her ribs, "fuck, my ribs."

Black dots fill her vision and soon she is welcomed into the arms of inky, black darkness. 

𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕣𝕖𝕓𝕠𝕣𝕟 𝕒𝕟𝕘𝕖𝕝