Chapter 3

How can you tell when someone is being serious or not? Wanda could never really tell. Sarcasm wasn't her strongest suit and it always landed her into trouble.

It can all be tracked down to her brother's silliness and how much he loves fooling his sister. Wanda was singing off-key to a music she had heard the band was playing when they went to the city.

As she went to the living room, Pietro was spread out with his painting. Right then, their father had tripped over some painting can and messed up his son's masterpiece.

"Just what I needed today." Pietro sarcastically said to himself, Wanda had heard.

"It does look pretty." Wanda commented, the painting looks good even as it was messed up a bit. It gave it a story, that's what she thought.

"Yeah that's why I said it's what I needed." Pietro sighs, Wanda wasn't able to catch the tone. "And to match with your amazing singing all morning, I couldn't asked for a better day."

"Thank you." Wanda beamed in happiness as she strolls out of the living room, leaving her brother confused.

It repeated on many occasions until it was pointed out to her. With that in mind, she doesn't know how to react to your request. In fact, she doesn't know what to even say.

"Wh-What?" Wanda stuttered nervously. She must've heard you wrong. She has to, there's no way you would say such a thing.

You stood up from the bed, now facing her eye to eye. "Kiss me." There's desperation in your voice.

This is your only chance to actually have the chance to have a choice who to kiss and where it happens. Your mother had asked you to kiss King Barnes, and honestly you don't want him to be your first.

Wanda is more than tempted to do what you asked for. But before she could do anything about it, the door swung open, making the both of you stumble away from each other.

Natasha came in, raising both eyebrows to the both of you. The redhead knows you very much, she is the closest thing you have as a friend growing up. Until, she was tasked to do something more outside the castle, limiting the two of you seeing each other.

The look you have now, is somewhat suspicious to her.

"Nat." You smiled at the girl, it's the first time in years since you've seen her. She's the first ever female knight of the kingdom and you are very proud of her.

"Princess." Natasha bowed her head towards you and nodded to Wanda.

Wanda smiled internally to herself. At first she was feeling a bit reluctant to Natasha but seeing that you didn't correct the redhead on what she called you, your name and not princess; Wanda felt like she was above.

"King Barnes would be arriving shortly. Your father is expecting you to welcome him." She informed you.

Wanda wasn't able to look at Natasha. She felt intimidated and overall shy in the presence of other people.

"I'll be out of there in a second."

Natasha nodded before closing the door again. There was an awkward atmosphere when you were left alone once again.

After a few seconds, Wanda heads slowly towards the door, "We should be heading soon."

"Wanda." You called out, she stopped walking and waited for you to continue. You wanted to say something, to apologize about how you behaved.

There was some curiosity in her eyes, almost pleading you to continue but the heavy footsteps of soldiers and busy people just outside your room gave you no choice but to let it go. "Nothing."