𝕙𝕖𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥𝕤

Child! Reader

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

Sun beamed as he watched over the daycare from his balcony. The children ran after one another and drew pictures for each other. He had just finished up being a model for a kid's TOP TIER modeling agency, still adorning the paper chain boa they crafted for his runway walk. He flung it over his shoulder as he scanned the scenery before him. Everyone was safe and sound, having fun where they couldn't suffer from a single serious injury! There was bustling craft tables, kids climbing the nets, boys pretending to be kings of their castles, a child sitting on the top of the play time structure...

Wait, what?

His gaze snapped a double-take as he looked once again at the top of the structure. Sure enough, there you were, sitting up there looking around, seeming just as confused as Sun was. As soon as you made eye contact with him it seemed to click in your small mind that this was an unsavory situation to be in, seeing as your eyes widened and just barely started to fill with tears. "Oh goodness no!" A deep panic stabbed itself into Sun's slamming heart as he stood up so quickly he nearly lost his balance and fell over the balcony. Well, more like he did lose his balance and fell over into the ball pit below. This did not distract Sun from his mission of saving you from impending doom as he scaled the netting of the daycare like a spider looking for its children.

You tried not to look at the ground below you. Every time you even opened your eyes a little the ground seemed to be farther and farther away. You tucked your knees into your chest and hoped that somebody would come quickly. You had tried to call out previously but no sound would come out, your throat too wobbly to make a noise above the chatter down below. When you were sure you'd be stuck up here for a who you heard a jingling from a little away. You finally pried your eyes open and turned to see Sun quite a few feet away from you hanging off of the protective netting that cased the daycare. He leapt over onto the bar that held you, the impact barely making any movement occur as he pulled you into his lanky arms. "My, my! What a scary situation to be in, little one! Don't worry, I'm here now! Everything is fine," He cooed to your trembling form.

     The last of your tears fell as he climbed back down the netting and stood at the bottom of the structure. You stayed clinging to his torso as he patted your back gently, smiling down at you even if you couldn't see it. He knew better than to ask you how you got up there since it was still fresh, so he let it be for the time being. He sighed in deep relief as he set you down on the floor, not returning to his balcony and instead keeping near you during the rest of the day.

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕜𝕤 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕕𝕚𝕟𝕘!
𝕛𝕒𝕟. 𝟙𝟟, 𝟚𝟘𝟚𝟙
———————————————
hi guys! i really hope you liked this one-shot. this one is actually inspired by me because when i was like five i would climb all the furniture in my house and one day the furniture fought back and i broke my arm 🤡 but luckily this had a different outcome! i just love sun because i love characters that are good with children
———————————————
𝕤𝕠𝕔𝕚𝕒𝕝𝕤:
𝕥𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕣: 𝕖𝕞𝕖𝕣𝕒𝕝𝕕𝕨𝕚𝕗𝕖
𝕚𝕟𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕘𝕣𝕒𝕞: 𝕖𝕞𝕖𝕣𝕒𝕝𝕕𝕨𝕚𝕗𝕖