Gone ~ Sae-byeok

Another sad one your welcome :)

Tw- slight talk of alcohol use

Y/n pov-

It had been a month and a half since I had seen or heard from Sae-byeok, with no clue as to her whereabout I fell into a dark state and my thoughts were only about the worst of situations she could have ended up in. I have visited Cheol a lot during the time, he was my source of happiness but it always hurt when he asked where his sister was and I never knew what to tell him because I myself didn't even know.

I sat on my couch zoning out as I stared at the wall, I imagined Sae-byeok next to me holding me close to her while she told me about her day. A soft knock on the door brings me back to reality and I run over to the door hoping it was Sae-byeok with an explanation to her whereabouts but it wasn't, instead, a man with long hair to about his shoulder, old worn-out clothes and clearly hadn't been staying up to date with his hygiene stood in front of me.

His head was hung low and he only looked up when I began to talk but barely "Can I help you?" I don't know who this man is or why he is at my door. "Are you Y/n Y/l/n?" I nod my head and he welcomes himself in "You might want to sit down" Once again my thoughts were only the worst, whatever this man was going to say to me it wasn't going to end well.

I pushed aside the fact that a stranger had let himself in and was about to tell me something because I was too desperate to hear what it was. "Sae-byeok she told me who you were" He started "Sae-byeok! is she ok?" I desperately ask  "She told me to tell you that... She loves you and always will-" He paused as a tear falls down his face, a lump grows in my throat as I listen carefully to what he had to say next "She wants you to watch over Cheol and to forget about her" forget about her? Was she leaving? 

I began to cry, I had so many questions to ask but few words I could actually speak, "What happened?" I cried out "She... she is gone" he lowers his head as a few tears rolled down his cheeks. Gone?

"Gone? What do you mean gone? Who are you and what happened to my Girlfriend!?" I yell at him, standing up from the couch and looking down at him "My name is Gi-hun, I was a friend of hers and I couldn't save her. I'm so sorry"
save her? No... she cant be dead.

I drop to my knees and screamed, it hurt; she couldn't be gone I still need her I hadn't told her I loved her enough, I hadn't hugged her enough, I hadn't had enough time with her...

Gi-hun drops to my side and holds me close, letting out a silent cry unlike me. I was a mess, crying so hard I could no longer breathe and began hyperventilating, gasping for air I held onto my chest as more tears fell. 

I had cried for what felt like hours, Gi-hun said he was going to get Cheol and that he would donate a hefty amount of money so that me and Cheol could get by. I stayed on the floor crying, once gaining enough energy I stumble over to a bookshelf and grabbed the picture of me, Sae and Cheol at the ice-cream shop. looking at the picture only hurt more "Why did you leave me!" I scream at the picture then bring it close to my chest, hugging it as if it were her, "Why?" I whisper to myself.

The rest of the night was a blur, Gi-hun hadn't brought Cheol over so I assumed he would in the morning. That night I drowned myself with alcohol, it was the only way to numb the pain. Sae-byeok was everything to me, she was my best friend, my lover, my family and it was gone all gone. The burn of the vodka was no longer a problem to me as I take another sip from the bottle before passing out.

1 year later-

It had been a year, I worked on my mental health for Cheols sake and didn't spiral down into a life of alcohol. Gi-hun had done what he said he would, dropping Cheol off at my apartment and leaving a large sum of money, more than I thought I would ever see in my life. 

I still hadn't told Cheol the truth about his sister, whenever he asked I would change the subject. I raised Cheol as my own, the way Sae always talked about wanting to do when getting Cheol out. Although I had worked on my mental health I still wasn't the same as a year ago, many things reminded me of my beloved and cause pain every time I would see it, a few pictures of her remained around the apartment but not many. 

My favourite picture of her lived in the back of my phone case, it was clear to I could always see the picture. It was one I had taken on our first date, she was so smiley that day it was unlike her at the time but I didn't care, she was happy.

I stayed in little contact with Gi-hun, he always sent over 'small' amounts of money even though. I told him not to. Every day without her was hard but I knew I had to stay strong, for Cheol and for her... it's what she would have wanted me to do.

but nothing would get me over the fact that she was gone... forever.

A/n- 

I lied- I updated because I was sitting in the hotel bored so be happy. I promise the next chapter will be happy... maybe ;) If you have any requests let me know, how you are all doing amazing <3