15

Hyunjin sat at the library, tapping his pencil nervously.

But he wasn't paying any attention to his notes.

Only one thought ran through his head—Seungmin.

The latter had been acting awfully strange after that incident in his bedroom. Hyunjin had wanted him to come study with him today but he had said he didn't feel like studying on a Sunday.

That made no sense—Hyunjin knew Seungmin had better grades than he did considering he cared a lot more about academics.

He was probably studying in his room right now.

It was his birthday tomorrow, and he hadn't mentioned anything about a party or even a get-together. Maybe he didn't like celebrating?

Or maybe... I was not invited?

Hyunjin frowned at the thought, feeling hurt and confused. They had been so comfortable, so close—he didn't think one short awkward moment could have ruined everything.

What was most confusing of all was why he felt this terrible... He couldn't focus on anything besides this issue.

It couldn't be because he was attracted to him.

He liked Jisung... Right?

A few blocks away, Seungmin sighed, looking at his phone for the millionth time. He hadn't responded to Hyunjin's last text.

'Why are you avoiding me?' Sharp and blunt. Typical Hyunjin.

He just couldn't face him—not without wanting to kiss him and hold him in his arms. But the worst part was, the more he stayed away...

The more he wanted him.

Hyunjin was like poison.

He finally understood Jeongin's greed for him.

He shut his notebook and took out Jeongin's diary from his bag.

Why am I torturing myself? He wondered.

But he found himself opening it anyway.

June 15

It was so damn hot today—I think the hottest month of this year. It's only June, but it's already over 30 degrees... Ridiculous.

Seungmin and I were supposed to cut class to go to the beach.

But my mom caught me sneaking out with my swimwear and drove me to school (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Seungmin was so mad because he came late to school carrying a big beach bag. I apologized, but I secretly thought it was hilarious.

And our school must be so damn broke because our air conditioner's been broken for almost a month now.

I think I'm going to melt everytime I step into a building.

But that's fine because Hyunjin is like a breath of fresh air :D

Seungmin sighed and stopped reading.

Just like he thought it would, reading it made him feel even worse.

He sighed once more. It was his birthday tomorrow.

But he didn't feel like celebrating.

To be continued...