19

Hyunjin smacked Seungmin's back in frustration as they pedaled along the river. Well, it was Seungmin who was doing most of the pedaling—tandem biking was harder than it seemed.

They had been able to get away from Felix and his countless curious questions because he had made the situation worse by saying 'they wanted some alone time'.

"Why did you say that?!" Hyunjin shouted as he continued smacking his back. "I'll never be able to live it down!" He groaned. "You pedal! Consider it as your punishment!"

Seungmin laughed, his cheeks pink from feeling Hyunjin's breath near his neck. He pushed the guilt to the back of his mind—he could just enjoy today... Just one day.

He felt his legs grow tired fast as he pedaled for two, and they came to stop by the bridge. "Let's stop here," he said breathily, kicking down the bike stand and taking a seat by the steps next to the river.

He looked around, noticing that they had biked down to their neighborhood. The air in the area was fresh thanks to the nearby water.

Hyunjin looked at him with a teasing expression. "Someone needs to work out a little more," he joked, poking his arm.

Seungmin jokingly growled. "Am I not strong enough for you?" He feigned a hurt look. "I thought I was perfect just the way I am."

"I was kidding." Hyunjin laughed, and when he turned to look at Seungmin's face, he noticed his handsome features all over again: his smooth skin, his messy brown hair... and his dark eyes... which were staring right back at him.

He felt his hands grow more and more clammy, his stomach squeezed into a knot; the feelings were too familiar—he had felt them around Jisung when he had first developed feelings for him.

His smile faded as his eyes grew round in a mix of fear and shock.

Since when did Seungmin replace Jisung?

═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══

Chan munched on his burger while Minho trailed behind him. "You alright?" He asked. "You haven't said much this entire time..."

"Wait... Did you do badly on your exams or something?"

Chan shook his head. "No, no. It's nothing... I just don't know what to talk about. And isn't silence great?"

"You're... definitely being stranger than usual," Minho decided, narrowing his eyes suspiciously. He knew Chan was quiet most of the time, but this kind of silence was different.

"Be honest with me. Is there anything in your mind right now?"

Yes! Seungmin likes Hyunjin! He freaking likes Jeongin's guy!

But in reality, Chan shook his head.

He couldn't bring himself to say it—it was a private matter, wasn't it? Seungmin would tell them when he's ready... Right?

"I think I'm going to head home first," he murmured. "I'm tired."

Minho was going to say something again but he decided against it.

"Alright, see you," he said with a supportive smile.

Chan exited the train station, the sun shining brightly into his eyes. He winced, but he was glad they lived near the water—there was always a nice breeze.

It was a little bit of a walk to their shared apartment, and on the way, rain began to lightly fall. He looked up to the sky in surprise because it was still sunny.

He didn't like the rain, but sun showers weren't so bad. So he didn't run, but continued to walk, letting himself get a little wet.

He decided to take a little detour to the local grocery store to grab some things for dinner—he was the "father" of the group after all.

He was almost at the door when he heard a familiar laugh.

"Geez, I live right here, but left my car all the way by the bike rental..."

The voice was accompanied by a chuckle.

I know that voice. He stiffened and turned around to confirm his suspicions. "Seung... min..." He breathed.

He watched as his friend and his companion's eyes opened just a little wider. Everything seemed to happen in slow motion as they turned around to face him.

Perhaps they had actually turned around slowly, Chan didn't know. He couldn't tell... All that was going through his mind was fuck, fuck.

To be continued...