New school.

"BYE ERICCCCCC!" my younger sister yelled her good byes as my mom drove away. Leaving me alone with my luggage. I turn away from the road and look at the huge building that is the dorms. The tall brick building seemed scary with its tinted windows and closed doors.

    "You can do this Eric," I whisper small incourageing things to myself as I pass through the huge wooden doors. People were rushing around and decorating the lobby. A half hung banner read, welcome students. I'm sure it was handmade, you know since the writing looked like a five year old wrote it. At the front desk sat a tall lady. Her dusty blonde hair was tied back into a messy bun. She wore black glasses with tape in the middle. Her big eyes were focused on a stack of papers on the desk infront of her.

    Nobody seems to notice me as I walk to the desk. Amongst all the ruckus the small click of my shoes was not heard.

    "Excuse me,"

    The lady's head snaps up to look at me. Her brown eyes scan me carefully.

   "Your early," her voice is rough and, it along with her height make her seem more like an athlete than a secretary. Or what ever her job position is."The opening ceremony isn't happening for another hour."

    "I know, I just had to be dropped off early," I give her a small smile and tilt my head to the side a little.

    "Okay, what's your name then kid?" Her face showed obvious annoyance.

    "Eric, Eric Watson," she began typing before I finished saying my name.

    "Eric, Eric, Eric," her eyes move quickly down the list, stopping every now and a then."Eric Wallson, Eric Water. Water?" She lists off more Eric copy cats and laughs at the ridiculous last names. "Here we are, Eric Watson," she clicks something on her computer and her eyes scan it over."Your dorm number is 517," she pulled open a drawl and took a key out of it. "Please don't copy your key and hand it in at the end of the year," she rolled her eyes as she handed me the key.

    "Thank you have a nice day," I wave her goodbye as I walk backwards towards the elevator. I turn around and and press the button on the elevator. Once the doors open I walk inside and gaze at the mirrors on the walls. I looked at the button and noticed how they listed what dorm numbers are on each floor. Floor 1, 1-200. Floor 2 201-400. Floor 3 401-600. Floor 4 601-800. Guess I'm living on floor 3.

    I press the floor 3 button and await for the elevator to stop.It didn't take long for the elevator to stop. The doors opened to a creepy hallway. Although I guess it is just creepy because nobody is here. I stepped out of the elevator and ran down the hall. Watching the room numbers as I go.

    When I finally find room 517 I stop and catch my breath. I look at the clean gold plate that read 517. I place my hand on the gold door knob and twist.

    The door did not open.I take the key and put it in the key hole. And now I feel embarrassed about what just happened. So glad nobody is here. Now that the door is unlocked I open the door, without fail.The door wasn't heavy but even if it was I am quite muscular.

    The smell of cleaners flooded my nose when I stepped into my dorm. Good thing I packed candles. Hope my roommate is good with candles. I wonder what he will look like.

    The dorm is decently sized. There is a fridge and a oven over on one side. On the other side sits a navy blue couch, a coffee table, and a medium sized TV. A short hallway shows 3 doors.I set my bags beside the couch and take a seat.

    I wonder when my roommate will be here.