Chapter One

A violent storm stirred the Sorceress of Castle Grayskull from her deepest mediation. She looked outside of an open window to discover an extra tower had materialized before her, attached to the castle, a pulsating beat of pure energy at its' centre.

"Grayskull tower, that can only mean but one thing, the three towers are in alignment once more, and I dread to think what Skeletor has to say were he to discover the same"

Standing at the gates of the royal palace of Eternia, the sounds of a gathering crowd can be heard to stir as the royal guards caught sight of He-Man carrying his comrade and dearest friend Teela towards the great doors.

"Is that...him?"

"It must be...yes, it is He-Man, and Captain Teela too"

The doors were opened and He-Man stepped through, passing through the amassing crowd as Teela clutched on to his broad shoulders, her head titled upwards, staring into the heavenly blue skies with a twinkle in her eye, enjoying a moment of crystal clear clarity, also soaking the adoration of the people, glad to see no harm had come to her after her near suicidal ordeal in the village of Zak.

"I think you can put me down now He-Man"

"You've been pretty insistent on repeating that all the way back here Teela, we might have to get that checked out first by the doctors"

"No really, I'm fine"

"I'll be the judge of that"

Teela leaned towards his ear, and whispered words that would forever change where both stood with the other.

"Put me down...Adam"

"You'll have to speak up Teela, I swear you just called me 'Adam'"

"Well, If you insist I speak louder" Teela said, clearing her throat with a cough and preparing to repeat herself at a higher pitch.

"OK, Ok, have it your way" He-Man said, admitting defeat, and lowered Teela. Duncan, Man-At-Arms arrived on the scene, flanked by Teela's guards.

"Teela, thank the Sorceress you are unharmed"

"I've never been better father, thanks to He-Man. Now, I wonder where Adam's gotten to? I'd like to talk to him"

"I'm sure he's nearby, I'll go fetch him" He-Man said, excusing himself voluntarily.

"Splendid idea" Teela replied with enthusiasm, "He and I have a lot to catch up on"

"Is anything the matter He-Man?" Duncan asked.

"There just might be Man-At-Arms, but I'll let Adam do most of the talking, now, if you'll excuse me"

He-Man walked off, leaving father and adopted daughter alone with one another. Duncan had some words regarding her more recent behaviour, which Teela was more than willing to absorb.

"You took an awfully big chance heading off to confront Skeletor like that with that time bomb"

"He-Man couldn't be reached at the time remember? The bomb was our only guarantee of destroying the dimensional gate before Skeletor could send the goblin armada through"

"You could have asked for others to watch your back, the burden of responsibility should never fall on your own shoulders, there are those more than willing to carry it forward with you"

"Something tells me I'm not the one who needs this lecture father" Teela insisted.

"Really? And who would that be?"