Chapter Seven

Realising he was running short of chances, Skeletor took advantage of where he presently stood, snapping off a piece of the Great Crystal and conjured forth a smokescreen to cover his escape, running down a corridor that led to the citadel's docking bay, where he clambered into a nearby shuttle craft and launched it into the stratosphere.

Marlena and Teela cleared a path through the demon fog, only to find its maker was out of reach.

"Let him go, it has not yet dawned on him that he has played his game far too well, he has served tomorrow, not hindered it" said The Sorceress.

Outside, He-Man and the masters continued to match wits, skill, and strength with Skeletor's evil warriors.

Beast Man, having mounted Panthor, and whip in hand, attempted to give He-Man a series of swift and brutal lacerations, He-Man grabbed one end of the whip and hoisted Beast Man into the air with a tight pull. Beast Man however, used his incredible agility to turn in mid-air, roll into a ball and smash into He-Man's frame with tremendous force, knocking him off Battle Cat.

As Battle Cat became preoccupied with Panthor, Beast Man continued his assault on his partner, grabbing the whip and this time managing to inflict some damage on the warrior. He-Man attempted to rise, but Beast Man felled him with barbaric blows.

"Yield He-Man, I am the better of us this day" proclaimed the bold and braggadocios Beast.

"Yield to the likes of you? Only in fantasy" He-Man declared, and grabbed hold of Beast Man's hands, tightening his grip on putting pressure on them, the pain Beast Man felt was excruciating and he was driven to his knees as He-Man hoisted himself up, picked Beast Man up, and threw him into a party of advancing Skelecons.

Meanwhile, Panthor tore into Battle Cat's furred skin with the tip of his fangs, drawing blood from the ferocious animal, Battle Cat returned the favour in kind, taking aim and gnawing at Panthor's back, their clawed paws tearing into any other portion of their bodies they could inflict their savagery onto.

"This isn't what I would call child's play my friend" remarked He-Man.

"Care to lend me a helping hand?" Battle Cat asked.

"How about a head?" He-Man replied, and let out a whistle, summoning Ram Man, the real Ram Man, who leapt forward and charged at the cats, separating them as he made impact and scored a direct hit.

Trap Jaw tried his hand next.

"Try my vicious claw on for size He-Man" he said, swinging his armed accessory at the temple of his foe's head, attempting to grind it into powder.

"Still no contest" He-Man replied, using both of his arms to rip the claw from Trap Jaw's body. Despite the grievous pain he was in from this disarming; Trap Jaw willed himself to recover quickly and attached another weapon to his arm.

"No matter" a wounded Trap Jaw exclaimed, "Have a blast with my laser beam"

He-Man used precision speed to duck and dodge the various shots of firepower, before propelling Trap Jaw in the air with a well timed uppercut.

"Even a one-armed army can't stop us when we work together" said He-Man as he remounted Battlecat and chased around a frightened Trap Jaw.

"Now this is more like playtime" Battlecat remarked.

Suddenly, a thunderous thunderclap could be heard and all on the battlefield watched on as an assortment of blazing colours danced and darted along the sky, a beautiful energy bridge began to fluctuate. First expanding, then shrinking.