01. karma

CHAPTER ONE: KARMASEASON TWO OF THE WALKING DEAD•---------•

CHAPTER ONE: KARMA
SEASON TWO OF THE WALKING DEAD
•---------•

Many grow up living with fears.
Many grow up with a way to deal with those fears.
Many let the fears control them.

1 mississippi, 2 mississippi, 3 mississippi...

Counting in her head the seconds that passed while the walkers smacked their hands against the wooden door that shook beneath their destroyed palms.

4 mississippi, 5 mississippi, 6 mississippi...

Being shielded by a blanket that she had smeared in walkers blood.

The smell was terrible, but she couldn't clog her nose, as her tiny hands were pressed tightly against her ears as she rocked her body back and forth in a comforting manner, while the tears slowly leaked from her dark eyes.

Seeing the shadows in the windows reflect the figures through the blanket causing her eyes to tightly slam shut as she bit into her bottom lip, breaking at the skin causing the crimson to gently leak.

7 mississippi, 8 mississippi, 9 mississippi...

Hearing each slam, and each groan that left their mouths making her body corrupt in fears and anxiety, while her head dropped deeper into her knees letting the tears drop onto the cold tiled floor that her body was pressed against.

Having her mind feel as if it was tugging her body down a rabbit hole.

Hearing the crack of the wooden door send splinters throughout the store as she crammed her body into a small ball, her ears picking up on the million sounds of footsteps that were now crowding the room.

The cold air that was now being flushed through the building as the door had been broken down and the gap sending in tumbles of the fresh night air alongside sending her body into a stream of goosebumps that covered her tanned flesh.

The blanket above her rippling with the wind as her dainty fingers gripped the bottom of the blanket of protection allowing her fingers to smudge in the blood that gripped onto the sheet.