02. motherly smile

CHAPTER TWO: MOTHERLY SMILESEASON TWO OF THE WALKING DEAD•---------•

SEASON TWO OF THE WALKING DEAD
•---------•

As the damp white rag slowly mixed into a dirty red colour as she wiped it gently along each cut that laced across her features.

Apologising at every hiss that fell from her cracked lips as it swiped against her broken skin, before placing the rag on the counter and retrieving a small plaster to place along the small slice that rested on her cheek.

"Why are you doing this?" April asked the women in front of her, whose eyes snapped towards her own as she offered her a warm smile making a river of warmth stream through April's small body.

A motherly smile.

"You don't deserve to be alone" Carol simply responded making the girls heart leap from her chest, she hadn't felt loved in a very long time.

She hadn't had someone care about her, in a very long time.

Yet the proof was in a light blush that began to twinkle upon her tanned skin, as it circled her cheeks making the young girl sniffle.

Thinking to herself as memories of her own mother fogs her brain, recalling the moments she would cleanse every wound that the small child would have placed upon her body after running around the fields of their farm.

"You remind me of my little girl" Carol had spoken up as April had felt the plaster that clung to her skin, with the stickiness of that bandage rubbing off onto her face.

"She was brave, and strong" she went on, using her hands to brush the sides of April's hair away from her face, looking into the dark chocolate eyes that watched her face remembering every feature that caressed her skin.

Seeing every freckle that could represent the stars scatter her nose.

"And beautiful" Carol finished feeling the tears well up in her stormy eyes, causing her to release the girls hair letting it fall back into its original position as she stood up rummaging through a box that was placed on the floor of the tent.