Long Distance

A/N: Here is another angsty story about hawk and the reader. Once again I used this audio as a prompt. I don't know I just really like doing that, so unless I get some request I'm probably gonna keep doing that. Anyways enjoy!                                Story summary: (Y/n) and Hawk are dating long distance. After months of Hawk becoming more and more distant, him not showing up for her dance competition is the final straw for (Y/n). 
Song suggestion: Breathe Me by Sia

(Y/n) was on her way to dance practice. It was competition season and this was the last practice before the final competition. She grabbed her phone trying to call Hawk knowing he probably wouldn't answer. Again. When she heard his voicemail she thought of the night they had made things official. 

---

It was back before Hawk had become Hawk; when he was still insecure, shy, Eli. Back when Eli, Demetri, and (Y/n) were best friends. 

(Y/n) was doing homework in her bedroom when she heard rocks tapping on her windows. She looked out to see Eli standing there, it was dark but she could tell he was hurt. 

She quickly went downstairs and snuck him upstairs to her bathroom. There was silence as (Y/n) got the first aid kit and started to disinfect his wounds. She was worried for him, but grateful she had an excuse to get close to the sandy-haired boy. Admiring his features as she light dabbed the alcohol wipes. It only made her more sad to see him wince.

"So what happened this time," (Y/n) asked finally breaking the silence. 

Eli quietly answered, "Same thing that happens every time."

"Kyler?"

Silence was answer enough for (Y/n). Feeling pain in her heart for the poor boy.

"Don't let him get to you. He's just an asshole." 

Eli felt his eyes well up, "You don't understand I'll never be anything other than a freak." 

"Eli you're not a freak."

"I'll always just be the kid with the weird lip."

"I think you're beautiful."

---

(Y/n)'s daydream was interrupted when she walked through the studio doors and she was greeted by her team. She got her Ballet shoes on and decided to send Hawk a text before going into practice.

(Y/n):
Hey I'm going into practice talk to you later?

---

Just a couple months after Eli and (Y/n) confessed there feelings for each other; (Y/n) got terrible news.

Her mom and her were moving away from California. This broke (Y/n)'s heart. She loved Eli and she didn't want to leave him behind. But they promised they would try to make it work long distance. Deciding they had to make it work. You were everything to each other.

Later when Eli told her he joined karate (Y/n) was skeptical. But it did wonders for his confidence! He cut his hair into a mohawk and started going by Hawk.

(Y/n) was definitely surprised by these changes. But to her he was still her Eli, and she was so happy for him. Things were going really well for them for a while. She even came to visit him, and meet his karate friends once.

She smiled remembering what he said when he first introduced her.

"See I told you guys she's real!"

Lately though he has been distant from her. Ignoring her calls, facetiming her less and less, regularly texting back one word responses. She excused it thinking they were both just really busy. Her with dance and him with karate.