Con Madness

The next day, I woke up early yet again to get ready for day two of Fan X Comic-Con. But that day was gonna be rockin' because I was going to become a male version of the Hearing Hero: Kyoka "Earphone Jack" Jiro, another one of my favorite Hirokai characters.

I immediately went to the bathroom and began applying the makeup for Kyoka. I painted in the red crescents underneath her eyes. Then, I clipped my half auxiliary cords onto my earlobes using small earring clasps to look just like Kyoka's plug-like extremities after watching a WikiHow about how to make them.

And for the outfit for my genderbent Jirou, I had on a black leather jacket over a white T-shirt, dark blue jeans, and black Timberland boots. Damn, I look good!

I hope she likes this, I thought as I headed towards my car. It was time once more to pick the damn nerd up from her place.

***

Later, when I pulled up to Hera's place, I found her outside her house in a black wig pulled back into Momo's trademark ponytail, and she was wearing Momo's trademark crimson-and-white hero costume.

Holy shit, why the hell am I blushing right now?! I–I can't let this damn nerd see; I don't wanna be labeled as a peeping Tom (even though there's always one in every anime)!

"Hey, Jirou!" Hera said, doing a kinda spot-on Momo impression as she got in the car. "So, what do you think?"

"What do I think? I think you look rockin'!" I asked, trying to do a sort of spot-on male Jirou.

She blushed a bit. "Jirou! Why do you ALWAYS have to do that, you flatterer?!"

Flatterer?

"Anyway, let's go!" she promptly said. "We don't want to be late, now do we?"

This time, as I was driving, Hera was spouting random Momo lines, which was not as unbearable as yesterday, but still...

About a half hour later, we went to the same buffet as yesterday, and as soon as we ordered our drinks, we immediately strode to the buffet. And this time, we filled our plates with all the breakfast food we could care to eat. Because, as they say, hunger is your worst enemy.

I picked up two mini waffles, some scrambled eggs (equivalent to two of them), and all the breakfast meats possible, 'cause you know how much I like breakfast meats! Oh, and I made sure to get some fresh fruit.

As soon as we got back to our table, I asked: "Fueling up for your Quirk, I see?"

Sometimes to get into character, you gotta eat like the character. And if I'm correct, Momo's gotta eat in order for her Quirk to work.

"Of course," Hera said, staying in character like the weeb she is. "My Quirk transforms lipids into brand new atoms to create inorganic materials. That means the more I eat, the more I can make!"

Fuckin' nailed that shit!

"Like how poop works!" some rando said.

We both looked over towards the sound of the voice, and saw the rando sitting at the table across from us, dressed as Hanta Sero. How the hell did he know that line from Hanta?! Was he going to the same event as we were?

Nonetheless, I gave Hera a little nod; we knew exactly how that particular scene played out.

Hera crouched to the ground, pretending to feel embarrassed about what the rando said, and I went up to them and grabbed them by their shirt collar. A bit over the top, I know, but that's how the scene played out. Right?

"APOLOGIZE!" I said, trying to be as accurate to Jirou as possible.

"Okay, I'm sorry!" he said, acting all scared, just like in the scene.

Well, that was totally random...

Anyway, we got back to our table and continued eating our food.

"Ugh, the nerve of that guy..." I said before popping some egg into my mouth.

"I know! That was so embarrassing!" the knockoff Momo replied, rolling her eyes while cutting the mini waffle into sections.

We ignored all the other cosplay randos and continued eating our food. No matter how hard they tried to make us, we wouldn't act in any other scenes.

***

A couple of hours later, inside the con, there was a sea of people who were in cosplay, just like us, and the number of available vendors stayed the same for today.

"Ready to rock this?" I said, staying in character.

"Hell yeah, I am!" the knockoff Momo replied.

And we headed into the building!

This time, I saw a lot of people dressed as various characters from Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter and even the Soulcalibur series! I saw multiple people dressed as the Edenian bodyguard Jade, the movie star Johnny Cage, the Martial Arts masters Ryu and Ken, the Japanese pop star Sakura, and the wind priestess Talim, just to name a few.

As soon as we split, I went up to a Frost cosplayer and said: "Hey there, Elsa! What's up?"

The cosplayer instantly recognized the line and quickly complied. "Ugh! Why does everyone call me that?!"

I lifted one of my ear jacks. "Oh, honey, let me help you..."

And we initiated a pretend battle; it was sound waves versus cryogenics!

"Off we go!" I said, releasing a "sound wave" and hitting the knockoff Frost, deafening them.

"My eardrums!"

And as she hit me, I pretended that the attack froze me solid, because I know that's what Sub-Zero and Frost are capable of doing.

I broke out of it and attacked with an earthquake, unbalancing her.

The fight went on for about five minutes, in which I came out victorious, because that's what heroes always do: they win, no matter the circumstances!

Preoccupied with the "fight" me and Frost had, I lost Hera in the confusion. Dammit, Frost! You made me lose sight of her!

I left the "unconscious" Frost behind and searched for her amongst the crowd. I should never have gotten distracted! Dammit, J-man!

A few minutes later, I found Hera chatting with one of the panelists at the My Hero table. I decided to get closer and see who it was.

I couldn't believe it!

Hera was talking to Justin Briner, the voice actor for the character I cosplayed yesterday, Izuku Midoriya!

"Justin, I'd like you to meet Jason, the guy I've been telling you about," Hera told him.

"It's an honor to meet you, Mr. Briner!" I said.

"Well, it's nice to meet you, too!"

"Tell me, Mr. Briner," I said, "when watching anime, do you watch more of the Dub or more of the Sub?"

"That's actually a good question, Jason!" Justin said. "I do enjoy watching Dub. Y'know, because I recognize a bunch of my pals in there now. Dubs, by the way, are all you got watching Saturday TV as a kid."

"That's so cool!" I replied.

"Which version do you like watching, JJ?" he asked me.

"Well, even though I like watching the Dub version of some Anime, just like you," I answered, "I do enjoy watching the Sub version because more emotion is injected into the story."

"Awesome!"

"Justin," Hera said, "what are your favorite anime or anime genres?"

"As you may or may not know," Justin said, "I'm really a big One Piece fan; I grew up watching it, and I also enjoy reading the manga. And MobPsycho 100 is another good one, too!"

I oughtta watch that sometime, I thought.

The conversation between us and Justin went on for almost a half hour before we moved on.