Prologue - PLEASE READ

BASIC/IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Dialogue - "Example"

Thoughts - Example

Author's Notes - (Example)

Emphasized Words - Example

Basic Narrating - Example

Y/N = YOUR name

This story is Friends to Lovers! Also, if you're 17+ please leave. I know Camilo is aged up to 21 in this AU but canonically he's still 15. It makes me really uncomfortable when adults are romantically interested in minors. So please, if you're 17+ leave. The fanart used in the cover I found on google, and whenever I clicked the link for the image it didn't bring me to a particular email. If anyone knows who made the amazing masterpiece I used for the cover please let me know and I'll give credits right away. This book was inspired by the movie ENCANTO and song "Dandelions" by Ruth.B. ALSO! This book is made strictly for fun, I don't mean to offend anyone with the contents it holds. If anyone feels if I should add a TW anywhere I gladly will!

FEATURED SHIPS

Pedro x Alma (Abuelo x Abuela)

Julieta x Agustin

Pepa x Felix

Dolores x Mariano

Camilo x Y/N (Your Name)

Antonio x Cecilia

Cecilia and Antonio are both 5 years old in the movie! Cecilia is the little girl with braids at the beginning. This is NOT cannon, only a head cannon that I PERSONALLY enjoy to believe. I only head cannon Antonio to have a little crush on his best friend (Cecilia). It's just like kindergarten couples, nothing serious! Please don't attack me for this.

ALSO, I don't want anyone requesting me to include ships like BrunoMira, CamiPepa, MarianCami, BrunoCami, CamiMira, etc. The fact these ships even exist is disgusting. If you ship any of these you're one of the most disgusting people on this planet. Ships like these are illegal, and overall should not exist. And yes, I know that technically CamiMira is legal, however it's still gross. Who in their right mind would fall in love with their own cousin?

About Camilo (IN THIS AU)

Camilo Madrigal is a 21 year old boy. He was born May 23rd, making him a Gemini. In this AU his birthday will be in 2 weeks, so he's soon to be 22. He's 5'6 and has been friends with Y/N since he was 5. However, one day they got into a bad fight and grew apart. They only talk every now and then. He has freckles along his cheeks, nose, neck, shoulders, and upper arms. He has a gap in between his teeth and visible blush that is toned to fit his skin type. DISCLAIMER, this description is STRICTLY my head cannons. If you don't like them either don't read this story or ignore the parts where I bring them up. I just think he'd look even more adorable with a tooth gap, realistic freckles, and blush.

About Y/N

Y/N Velasco is 21 years old, and the eldest child in their family. Their family specializes in creating decorations, clothing, toys, furniture, accessories, etc. The Velasco family and Madrigal family originally became close because of the friendship between Y/N and Mirabel. The two enjoy spending time with each other and often have sleep overs. Y/N has two younger siblings, Liliana/Lily and Arlo. Arlo, is the youngest at age 10. Liliana, nickname Lily, is the middle child at 14. Y/N's parents (YES THEY HAVE PARENTS, orphans are overrated) are Miguel Valdez and Emilia Valdez. Both are very healthy and ALIVE at the age of 46.

About the AU/Timeline

This AU is partially modern, they have tv's, 1950s style telephones, and clocks. This story takes place May 9th, 2 weeks before Camilo's 22nd birthday. The Velasco family lives in Belleza, the neighboring town of Encanto. Yet again, Y/N has come to visit the Madrigal family. The day of Y/N's expected arrival, Mirabel informs everyone of their presence. Everyone is perfectly fine with it except Camilo. Mirabel has business to take care of so she convinces Camilo to welcome Y/N when they come. When Y/N does arrive the two bicker and put up with each other until Mirabel comes back.

Just a simple informative chapter! Short 671 words