Chapter One

Camilo's POV

"Thank you so much for your help again Camilo. I couldn't have done this without you" I sigh, "It's not a problem señorita, I'm happy to help any day of the week." Before I can walk away she grabs my hand and gives me a small bag. "Here, a reward for your troubles. They're my famous homemade candies!" I smile and thank her before walking away. I hope I'm done for today cause I'm beat. What time is it? I should be able to visit there before dinner. I smile to myself as I pick up my walking pace. Hey, if they can't catch me, they can't ask me for help! I smirk and begin to sprint towards the forest. Luckily, I don't hear anyone call my name. My running starts to slow down as a familiar flower field comes into view. I take a few more steps forward before halting.

This view will never get old. I'm really happy they showed me this place. I smile to myself, before frowning. Them. I haven't seen them in awhile. Also, we've grown apart over these few years. I wonder if they're doing okay. I shake my head and return my gaze towards the field. Still as stunning as ever. I close my eyes and breathe in the fresh air surrounding me. I try to visit this place every day after I'm done with chores. It's a very relaxing place to wind down and chill for a bit. Though..it kinda sucks I have to see this view alone. Sure the sun is warm and the field is just as breathtaking as always but, it's lonely. I sigh and lay down on the grass beneath me. This place would look pretty at night. There aren't any trees in the way. A perfectly clear view of all the stars above. I reach my hand towards the sky and pretend to grab the clouds above.  The sky's pretty clear today. Guess mama is in a good mood. I smile and put my arm down, that's nice. Everything's okay. Nothings wrong. So why? Why do I. Feel so misplaced? I shake my head left and right. No! Bad thoughts will make the flowers wither. I stand up and begin to run through the flowers. I spin and jump around as I see petals fly around me. Why do I think like that? Everything's perfectly fine now. Tio Bruno is back, casita is back, Abuela is getting better, Mirabel feels at home, Luisa can relax, Isabela found herself, Dolores is with her lover, mama can finally express herself. Even Antonio is happy with his gift. So why do I feel so weird? Geez, I hate feelings, they're so confusing. I stop running around and lower my gaze towards the flowers beneath me. They're all so lovely, despite being different. Different colors. Different shapes. Different sizes. Even different designs. Each flower is so unique. My family must be these flowers. All different but so lovely. I smile, but it feels pitiful and sad. I guess that makes me a dandelion huh?

"Camilo! Camilo it's time for dinner, where are you?" I snap out of my gaze as I hear a familiar voice calling to me. Mirabel. "I'm coming!" I yell out as I make my way back to casita. There, I see Mirabel waiting for me at the front door. "Geez, I still wonder where you run off to all the time. I barely see you around whenever I complete my chores." I smile and walk past her, not really caring enough to answer her. Casita opens the doors to the dinning area and I see most of my family already seated. My gaze turns towards tia Julieta, who's caring multiple dishes at once. "Oh, tia let me help you." I reach my hands out and she smiles. "Thank you Camilo, here take this one on the left." She moves her left arm towards me and I take the dish of it hastily. Tia is getting older, I want to make sure she's around as long as possible. I couldn't survive without her cooking! I approach the table and mama points to a spot where I should set it down. After I place it down I walk over and take my seat next to Dolores. "So, it's going to be your birthday soon." I turn towards Dolores and see her smiling at me. "22 huh? I can't believe it. I still remember when you were 15!" I sigh as I turn towards mama and see her tearing up. "mY bABYyy" Dolores snickers as papa soothingly strokes mama's back. "Yes, Camilo's birthday is upcoming. Two weeks from now Camilo will be 22. I have lots to inform you all about my plans for Camilo's birthday." All of our heads turn towards Abuela, who's just walked in. She smiles at me before taking her place at the edge of the table. "The Velasco family will be staying with us the week before, and of your birthday." She shares me a glance before turning towards her food once more, "Since we don't have any extra rooms, they'll each have to stay with one of you. Luckily, me and Mr. Velasco have already organized who is staying where. Lily will stay with Mirabel, and Arlo will stay with you Antonio" Abuela turns towards Mirabel and Antonio, "Is that alright?" They both nod and go back to eating their food. "Oh! And for Y/N, they will be staying with you Camilo." My eyes widen. Me? Why me?

"Anyways" Abuela changes the topic, "I also would like to discuss Camilo's arrangement. I believe to have found someone more than suitable for the position." I frown. My marriage arrangement. "However, I cannot say for certain whether this person is up to Camilo's liking. That is why, I have invited them over for dinner the night of Camilo's birthday. After everyone goes home, they will come over and spend the night with us. Do you all understand?" I watch her gaze around at everyone, they all nod in response. "Camilo?" Abuela calls my name and I nod. She smiles and begins to eat, concluding her announcement is complete. "Sooo, I wonder who the lucky person is." Dolores turns towards me with a teasing smile. I roll my eyes as Isabela scoots closer to me. "Yeah! They're probably stunning. I may not like arranged marriages but Abuela has taste." I glare at Isabela, causing her to smirk and wink at me before turning back to her food. I return my gaze to my own food and simply stare at it. Marriage huh? Dang, never thought I'd be related to that word. Whatever. I just hope she chose someone good. I mean, papa was a perfect match for mama, and tio Agustin was a good match for tia Julieta. Maybe I should just trust Abuela and see who she chose.

TIME SKIP TO AFTER DINNER

I set my dish in the sink and begin to walk up the stairs. "Hey Cami wait up!" I turn around and see Mirabel running out of the dinning room. I raise a brow, signaling her to explain. "How do you feel about the whole arranged marriage thing? If you're not up to it maybe I can ask Abuela to" I cut her off, "No it's fine. Abuela seems to be a good matchmaker. I can at least give it a chance before deciding you know?" She smiles and nods. "Well, I'll be off to bed then. Night Cami." She runs past me, into her room. I sigh. Am I really okay with this? I haven't been in love for a long time. Lightly, I slap myself. No, I shouldn't think like this. If it'll help the family I should do it. It's my job as a Madrigal after all. Smiling, I head towards my room. Off to bed I guess. 

1336 Words Les Gooo