𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐃𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐃 𝐔𝐏

Unique_High

Unique_High

     𝑯𝒆𝒓 𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒉𝒆𝒔 𝒕𝒊𝒄𝒌𝒍𝒆𝒅 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒆𝒌𝒔 𝒂𝒔 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒇𝒍𝒖𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒐𝒑𝒆𝒏.

     "Mr. Jung." She whispered when she saw him working with his back turned towards her.

She looked around at the unkempt room. Paintings covered the walls and the floor. Paint and tarp covered the floor.

A long wooden desk sat a few feet away where he worked. Wooden trinkets and tools were scattered on it. She began to move her body, starting with her fingers.

Then her toes.

It all felt kinda unreal and unfamiliar.

She opened her mouth to speak once again, this time she was a bit louder. "Mr. Jung!"

He stopped working and turned around.

     "Wow!" He approached her. "Wow, you're actually alive."

     "Yes. Why would I not be?"

     "How do you know my name?"

     "I don't know. I just guessed." She shrugged.

He chuckled a bit, seeming amused.

     "You look... happy. Why?" She cocked her head.

     "Because you're real." He gently grabbed her by the wrist and escorted her to the mirror. "You're pretty."

She looked at her brown wooden skin, kinky dark curls and rosy cheeks. She reached for the mirror to feel the cold hard glass.

     "What is it?" She slid her hand down the glass.

     "A mirror." He explained. "It's just your reflection."

She ran her hands down her body, feeling her wooden curves and stopping at the end of her black dress.

     "One minute I was asleep and now I'm not asleep." She stared at her hands. 

     "There's this woman that lives down the street from me. She's a witch, her name's Agatha. She made you, I bought you because she thought she failed when she made you." He explained. "She thought you wouldn't come alive."

     "Come alive? Am I not human like you?"

He chuckled a bit and stood behind her as she stood in the mirror.

     "Do you see this?" He gently bent her arm to show her the squeaky hinges that connected her forearm and upper arm.

     "Yeah."

He then held up his elbow for her to see.

     "And look..." He caressed her wooden skin. "Now look at mine." She touched his forearm and she discovered that it was smooth and soft.

     "Oh," she replied, disappointed. "So I'm not human... what am I then?"

     "You're a doll. A cute doll." He pecked her.

     "Do I have a name?" She turned to him.

     "Um, I don't think so. Do you have a name in mind?"

     "No. But, I like your name Mr. Jung."

     "You don't have to keep calling me that." He insisted.

     "Then what should I call you?"

     "Just call me Hoseok." He turned towards his desk and grabbed a small box. "I have something for you."

     "Oohh, what is it?" Her eyes lit up.

He opened the box and out popped a pretty doll that looked identical to her. Music played as the doll danced.

     "I just finished it. Do you like it?"

     "I love it!" She exclaimed. "Thank you Hoseok." She threw her arms around him and hugged him. "It's beautiful."

    "I know what I'll call you." He pulled away from her to stare into her brown eyes which were full of life.

     "What, Mr. Jung? I mean Hoseok."

     "Love."

     "I love it." She smiled as she played with her new toy.