Chapter two: Meeting Dylan!

"He-Hey!"

I look up from my book. It's Mr. Mee. I guess he found his way down to the jaguar. 

"The most dangerous animal in the forest! The adult boomer male, Welcome!" MacCready greets. He continues throws a dart at the picture of Walter Ferris on the dart board. It lands on next to his eye. Peter goes to retrieve it and points to the picture and says, "Walt Ferris. I'll kill him!" 

We all laugh at the show MacCready is putting on, which we've heard many times.

"I will" He reassures.

Benjamin walks over infront of Mom, Robin and Nathan while MacCready continues his rant of cutting off Ferris's head with a sword. He says hi to them then moves onto finding a seat.

MacCready pulls his seat out for him saying, "Your chair, Sir" He sits down beside me, giving me a curt nod and continues to listen to MacCready. 

I go back to my book, not wanting to listen to this for the millionth time. A few minutes later Mom comes over to bring Benjamin a beer. "Welcome to your zoo, Benjamin Mee." She says like its nothing; like this didn't used to be our zoo. And i'd be lying if I said that didn't sting a little.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning Mom makes me wake up earlier than normal because we are going to start working on the enclosures today. I don't know why because all i'm going to do is read in the loft and maybe occasionally help out. If i'm terribly needed. 

I'm standing in front of the porcupine enclosures and Mr. Mee comes up the hill; ready to take on the porcupines.  

Benjamin goes over to the gate, arms full of posts and purposefully walks in. "Hey guys. You are going to love your new enclosure." He says whist almost dropping the posts. The two porcupines watch him and start to move forward toward him calmly.

"Not bad. Actually they're pretty docile." He calls over to Robin and I. 

"Not at night." Robin replies, to which is not a surprise to me for I have witnessed it. I'm still traumatized.

"Oh, you like to get a little wild at night, huh? Get a little crazy." He teases them. I can already tell hes playing with fire.

"A little nightime-" One of the porcupines start charging at him, quills raised. Benjamin tries to make a quick break for it by trying to hop the fence and ends up falling over it into a thicket of nestles.

Robin goes over to help the groaning man up.

"Listen, your not talking to them correctly yet, Boss. You gotta be real with them." Robin explains. 

"I'm never talking to you again! You little asshole!" Benjamin yells at the porcupine. 

"Now your talking to them" I say from behind me with a laugh. I walk over and pull one of the quills out of his back. He yells in agony which I find quite amusing. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I spend my afternoon with me, myself, and my book in the loft.

Someone starts to come up the ladder so I watch it, expecting to see Mom's face pop up but i'm surprised when It's not Mom looking back at me, but Dylan.