Chapter 3: Hanging with Spar!

The next day Dylan met me at the loft again. But instead of staying there, I decided that it would be good for us to get some serotonin. 

"Lets go for a walk, boost our serotonin." I say to Dylan before he comes up the ladder in the loft. He nods and I climb down, with my book and radio in hand. 

As we walk, our hands brushing one another once in a while, Taylor Swift's 'Love Story' comes on the radio.

"Were we both young when I first saw you.

I began quietly humming to the marvelous song.

that you were Romeo, you were throwing pebbles, and my daddy said stay away from Juliet

We eventually make it to the outskirts of the property  after Listening to Katy Perry's Firework. We sit down, side by side but not close enough to be touching. 

"So I see your a swift fan," Dylan says.

"And a Katy Perry fan." I add. Dylan chuckles softly. "Who are you a fan of?" I ask.

"AC/DC. So yesterday, You asked about Newtmas, my thoughts on it. I think it's going to happen. Or it should happen anyway. Does it happen?" 

"Well, I can't tell you that. That might be spoiling it." I tell him with a slight smile. 

He sighs and checks his watch. He's probably waiting for Lily. 

"You anxious to see Lily again, huh?" I tease

"No! I'm just hungry! That's all." He says. 

And sure enough Lily comes skipping up the trail, basket swinging. She hands me my "Air sandwich" and gives Dylan his. 

"Hi!" She says. He smiles up at her. I get a little jealous. And In that moment I realize something, 

I

like 

Dylan.

Lily disappears from view.

Dylan opens his sandwich to find  a note, that says Dylan on it with a sun. 

"I got turkey, what'd you get?" He asks me 

"Air. It's just bread." I respond.

"Oh.." He says thoughtfully.

"Do you like her?" I shyly ask. 

He looks at me weirdly. "No. I do not. I like someone else," he says with finality. 

"Who? Describe them." I inquire 

He hesitates and I get worried he's not going to tell me. 

"She has natural red curly hair. And is covered in freckles. And green-as-the-grass eyes..."

And that's when it hits me. 

Dylan's describing me.