08 ❧ she looks so perfect

"You

"You." Itto whereas almost wailed while pointing a trembling finger at your smug expression. "You are way too stubborn."

You managed to keep your glee at bay by bringing your hand over your eyes and pretending to shade them from the sun. Your ability to walk past residents and across the city while acting as if you hadn't almost had sex with him half an hour before was extremely astounding. It's almost as though the entire ideal never happened.

"Come, Ushi." You called out to the dancing mini bull a few feet behind. It's true that you two didn't get along, especially after he caused you so much trouble, but you had to acknowledge that he was the cutest at times. Once you three stepped foot outside, you learned that he relished the warmth and brightness of the sun. That's all it took to bring out his cheerful side.

Despite his distaste at the sound of your voice, the Geo companion danced towards you upon hearing his name. It was now Itto's turn to attract your attention. You raised your head to meet the male's gaze, tugging at your chained hand as a signal to proceed. He did, momentarily, but not before expressing his unhappiness by theatrically rolling his eyes to the point of overacting. The strategy didn't work and he merely got a giggle from you.

"You know you act like a completely different person when you're horny, right?" You chuckled, keeping an eye on the small bull ahead of you two. Itto's ears picked up on the term 'horny' and he laughed awkwardly as he stroked the back of his head. "Okay, I swear it's the oni blood in me." He charged out in defence but failed miserably to persuade you.

"Mhm, you don't say~." You replied sarcastically, hardly convinced as seen by your tone of voice. With that, Itto let out an overly dramatic moan and expressively flailed his hands in front of him, almost hitting a passing pedestrian. "Seriously! Okay, I promi-"

"No, no, no. Don't get the wrong impression." You ushered, enthralled by his mortified condition. You came to a halt in front of Ogura Textiles & Kimonos, running your fingertips through the many exhibits of silky fabric. "I think it's fun actually."

In any given situation, that affirmation would've flipped Itto's frown upside down but he was equally distracted as you were. Even though you two had just entered the fabric store, he couldn't help but notice the flower vendor conveniently next door.