One Too Many Insults (2)

Hours and hours had passed by since Mammon had left the House of Lamentation. Mammon's brothers started to feel like he wouldn't actually wouldn't come back this time. But their prides, their egos, and their opinions on Mammon refused to let them believe that. It was now dinner time and he still hasn't returned home.

{Beelzebub} Hmm. He still hasn't come back...

{Leviathan} Eh, he's probably just being stubborn and decided to hold out for a day or so, right?

{Lucifer}...

Lucifer didn't want to believe that Mammon wouldn't come back this time, so he didn't. He prevented his mind from believing that. But a small area of his mind said to him that this situation probably felt different to Mammon in some way.

Two days had passed by since Mammon's departure and he still refused to return. His brothers' prides and egos started to fall apart in worry for Mammon.

{Satan} So, Mammon still hasn't come back?

{Beelzebub} What if he starved to death  or something... ?

{Asmodeus} This isn't you we're talking about, Beel. Two or three days without food won't kill him...

Three days had now passed and Mammon stayed in some type of dark forest left there to believe that his brothers truly didn't care about him anymore. He had no type of reassurance so he didn't want to go back now because of guilt and shame.

{Satan} ...If Mammon doesn't come back tonight, I'm going out to search for him.

{Beelzebub} Yeah, I'm going with you. He might be sitting under some bridge somewhere, soaking wet and crying.

{Asmodeus} Come on, this is Mammon we're talking about, not an abandoned cat.

{Leviathan} Well, if he's this determined not to come back, then maybe I really was wrong... He doesn't have any cash, and Lucifer put a freeze on his credit card, so it's possible that he really hasn't had anything to eat.

{Asmodeus} I'm going to look for him, too. True, he's always annoying and he never shuts up, but without him around, it's like I'm missing a rival to keep me on my toes or something... ? How do I put it... ?

{Beelzebub} It feels lonely without him.

{Asmodeus} ...Right, that. That's what I meant.

{Satan} I guess every family need one person who makes sure things always stay interesting. I know this is Mammon  we're talking about, but I think maybe we went too far teasing him this time, huh?

{Asmodeus} At least one of us should've taken his side, yeah...

{Lucifer} ...

Lucifer was too ashamed to say anything. Alongside with his brothers, his attitude towards Mammon changed. He knew his heart would be ripped into pieces by little hands in his body if he found out anything had happened to Mammon. He had decided for himself.

{Lucifer} I'll go look for him as well.