One Too Many Insults (3)

Just as the brothers hoped not to happen, Mammon never returned that night so they all set out to find him.

Meanwhile with Mammon

Mammon had been crying non-stop for the past two days, dwelling and letting what his brothers had said to him to tear him to pieces and leave him like his current state. He was surviving off of river water, and leftover food by Beelzebub's favorite restaurants, and after crying because it had reminded it of him. He stopped by Asmodeus' favorite boutique, Satan's book shop, the only place Leviathan would buy his anime merch from. He was now under a bridge, soaked in his own sweat and tears, just like Beelzebub had mentioned, waiting for something to happen.

Back to the demon brothers

{Beelzebub} MAMMON!! MAMMOONNN!!!

{Leviathan} MAMMON!! PLEASE COO~mme home...

The brothers had continuously called out for Mammon, but of course he didn't respond. They were worried, they really were, they needed Mammon to come home. They wanted him to. Because only he knew what could be happening to him. Multiple hours had gone by, more calls to be yelled, but no response, and they decided to meet outside of Akuzon to talk.

{Lucifer} Okay everyone, we need to head home, it's getting late. We'll try again tomorrow.

{Asmodeus} I'm not going home until I find Mammon!

{Lucifer} Asmodeus! Look around you! We're all tired! We'll try again tomorrow.. I promise..

Asmodeus didn't want to go home without Mammon with them, but he didn't have a choice. He had to go home by Lucifer's command. The brothers returned home, without Mammon for the first time and went to bed feeling empty.

Meanwhile with Mammon

Mammon had no idea his brothers were looking for him. He had run so far away, he was too tired and miserable to run any further, so he ended up resting underneath a tree. He was in the middle of his sleep until he woke up to weird talking.

{Mammon} Oh shoo-

The demons had found him and as soon as they found him awake they started the beat the life out of him, mercilessly. They kicked, they punched, they jumped on him, and one of them even pulled a blade on him and Mammon tried to dodge, but the demon stabbed him in the side, leaving Mammon is miserable pain.

{Mammon} Shit... why me? Please... someone help...

Mammon found the strength to get himself up and started walking back to the House of Lamentation, hoping that his brothers would care for him now. He was bleeding, he was in pain, he was neglected, alone, and now walking from the depths of the Devildom forest all the way back home. He was hoping someone would come to rescue him, but when he reached the perimeters within Devildom, the streets were quiet, so were the houses, and he was left with the bright street lamps shining on him.