Destiny's Play

Written by :  Karthiiwritess

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Coimbatore,

The simple compact but beautiful two story house with a green front yard was all decorated with flowers and lights. The paint smell, the new uncovered furniture, the unpacked boxes that laid on the corners were telling that it was a newly built one. People were all around the house talking, smiling, giggling and laughing, kids were running around and the whole place looked so lively. It was the most important day of two people, it was

Their dream came true that day.

Arjun stood leaning on the door frame of the pooja room with a plastered smile on his face staring at his love of life who was seated on the floor of the pooja room with her mother and her sister who is also his sister-in-law of three years on either side and his aunt and cousin opposite to them.

Arjun as usual stood mesmerized as she sat there like a goddess draped in the purple shade Silk Saree that he gifted her earlier that morning, with closed eyes doing his most favorite action of her's, singing. He would love to hear her sing any time, anyday , anywhere but she being here in his dream place, praising the god with her soulful voice was giving him a surreal feeling.

He smiled remembering the same scene that took place years back when he met her for the first time.

***

Back then when Arjun was in his eleventh grade, he was the cultural incharge of his school along with his other three friends Nishanth, Catherine and Mithra.

That was the time when the practices for the intra school events were happening and in the name of incharge the friends gang were enjoying their time roaming around the school.

Arjun bent down to tie his shoe laces while the other three walked ahead without noticing him.

" Kangal neeye kaatrum neeye

Thunum nee thurumbil nee

Vannam neeye vaanum neeye

Unum nee uyirum nee

Pala naal kanave

Oru naal ninaive

Iyakkangal theerthaaye

Enaiye pizhinthu unai naan eduthen

Naan than nee verillai "

His hand just stopped its activity when he heard a soulful voice. He stood up frowning and walked to the classroom from where the voice was heard. He stood near the window, frozen , seeing her standing there with closed eyes and singing in a mesmerizing voice, gaining all the attention of the students from different classes who were there for practice. He was frozen not because of her physical appearance but because of her voice and mainly because of the song she was singing.

" Mugam vellai thaal

Athil mutha thaal

Oru ven paavai naan seithen kanne

Ithazhai selli

Enum theertha thaal

Athil thiruthangal nee seithaai kanne

Kangal neeye kaatrum neeye

Thunum nee thurumbil nee

Vannam neeye vaanum neeye