Magic!?

Allison POV

I was at my apartment with my sister Ava. Who was currently complaining that we don't have anything to eat.

"That's your fault for eating all your snacks last night."

"What's a Netflix marathon without snacks? What am I an animal!?" I couldn't help but laugh at her behavior, when we moved in together we promised her dad's that we'll try to not die. Since Ava didn't have a job she was short on cash at times.

I had a job as a barista in a coffee shop, it paid well and the hours were pretty decent, though I could go without Lucinda bugging me for a free coffee on some days.

"Ava it's your turn to take out the trash."

"Why can't you do it..."

"Because I didn't eat the last of the food." She groaned and hung her head down, though I perked up and looked at Ava when I remembered something that was supposed to happen today. "Ava, isn't your interview today?"

"..."

"Shit!"

"Swear jar. And don't forget the trash."

"Seriously!?"

"To be fair the swear jar was your idea Ava."

She groaned before she dragged the trash outside, while that was happening I felt a tug on my shoe. When I looked down I saw Zack, a German Shepard pup I adopted a while ago. He was around 5 mounts old, so while he wasn't fully grown he wasn't small either.

I pet his head before I yawned, my high school years basically screwed up my sleep schedule, and as a way of fixing this, I took a sleep potion to help. Unfortunately, this would have long-term consequences, my body basically requires it to sleep now. Things have gotten better but I do still need it.

I went to my room with Zack following me, I always had a habit of taking naps when I wasn't fully rested so this was basically routine.

Though before I could drink the potion I got this sinking feeling, I went to the kitchen to get a glass of water and stared out the window. I closed my eyes and got lost in thought, I still had some potions I needed to finish.

'I wonder if Lucinda and Avery are back from Love-Love Paradise? I wonder if they're gonna brag...? I wish I could've gone...'

I sighed and let out a tired groan before I heard a slight sizzling sound, followed by the sound of the door opening. I teleported to my room and locked the door, I used a spell to open a one-sided window in the door, I was surprised when I saw about five cosplayers and one of them had Ava. She was unconscious. 

I tried not to panic as I placed a seal on the door so it wouldn't open, I phased through one of the walls and into a secret room I attached to it, the place where I keep all my potions and my spell book. I used to have all my stuff in my room, but after Ava kept turning herself into a cat so she doesn't have to do anything, I kept everything hidden from her.

As I was rummaging through my things trying to find a potion that could help or anything that could help really, at some point I heard what sounded like two men screaming. I shrugged it off and grabbed a random potion and my spell notes before I took a deep breath and teleported into the kitchen.

Though before I could look around Ava rushed in, almost running into me. She looked scared but before I could ask her anything she dashed behind me and grabbed a frying pan before she hid behind me.

"Another human! And the little one has a weapon!" The male in front of me looked a lot like Travis but his eyes looked more teal than green, and he looked like he was in some kind of fantasy cosplay. I was surprised when they manifested weapons, I held a ball of energy in both my hands and I stood in front of Ava.