Adjusting

Allison POV

'I hate this already.'

I don't know who it was, but one of them kept flushing the toilet last night. It got to the point where I soundproofed my room with a seal, even Mirage got sick of it. She walked out of my spell room and curled up with me and Zack last night when I kept tossing and turning.

It was obvious she was mad, and I didn't get the chance to introduce her to the guys. As long as they don't enter my room unannounced, until then things should be fine.

3rd Person POV

It was early in the morning, people were starting to fill the streets and cars were already speeding by.

Around this time Asch woke from his slumber, he sat up and walked over to one of the apartment's large windows. When he looked down he could see many humans, male and female, some smaller than others. He let out a sound of disgust.

He turned on his heel and walked over to Noi's sleeping figure. He went through his pockets before snatching one of his daggers, he made sure to be careful so he didn't wake up the lower-ranking daemos who would surely wake Rhys. He made his way into Ava's room before closing the door behind him.

When he heard the sound of the door closing Leif opened one of his eyes. "Asch isn't acting normal."

"Yes."

Pierce responded to the assassin's assumptions, not bothering to open his eyes to look at the male next to him. "Don't you think it's weird how docile we've been since getting here?" Leif opened his other eye and turned his head toward Pierce. "Normally, Asch wouldn't listen so easily and would have acted long before now. I wonder what's going on..."

"Something changed. It's not our place to ask."

Leif sighed. "You're unquestioning loyalty is disgusting."

"I do not expect a former assassin to understand loyalty."

"Oh yeah, fun times. Heh."

"..."

"We should wake Rhys before Asch does something stupid, huh?"

"Yes."

Meanwhile in Ava's room, the daemos prince stood over the sleeping female, Noi's dagger in his hand.

"Human, your sacrifice will be remembered."

He raised the dagger above his head as he watched the female beneath him, though before he could strike her some knocked into him, causing him to falter. He looked around the room bit didn't notice anything. Before he could try again Rhys opened the doors to the room.

"Your Majesty put down the knife."

"Why should I?"

"Knives kill humans."

"And?"

Rhys opened his mouth to speak before he sighed in annoyance, he clasped his hands in front of his mouth as he took a deep breath. Clearly not wanting to deal with this.

"Your Majesty, I'm all for your way of doing things, but now isn't the time. One human isn't going to solve the entire magic crisis. We need to-"

"Which part is more tender to stab?"

Rhys furrowed his brows, his patients for the situation running thin. "Don't wake her up. She tried to like me last night. And who knows what her guard will do if she wakes up to find her dead. You saw what she did yesterday."

While what was happening Noi walked into the doorway with Pierce behind him. "Hey, have one of you guys seen one of my daggers around? It's missing."

"Quiet Noi or you'll wake her!"