Chapter 25

Tahleea's POV

I was on the plane going back home. Last night replayed in my head. I thought I'd regret my actions, but I didn't. I also know two wrongs don't make things right, but what I did was right for me and for Jaxon. We made sweet love and it felt like we were never apart. A smile crept up on my face as I closed my eyes to see images of Jaxon pleasuring me. I'm already looking forward to the next time.

I was finally back on Dallas soil. I was so glad to be back home to see my babies. I quickly rolled my luggage across the street to my vehicle. Before driving off, I called my trio to let them know I was on my way home. Tahlese told me that her daddy left for a business trip earlier that morning. I felt it was strange because he never mentioned it when I talked to him last night. After I hung up with my babies, I sent a quick text to Dre to have a safe trip and let him know I love him. I then called my parents and the rest of the crew to let them know I was back home.

Me and my trio spent the rest of the day visiting my parents. It felt good to hang out with them. My mom fixed lunch while Tahlese and I worked on a few serving drills and my dad split his time between the boys playing basketball and touch football. I could tell this was the highlight of my mama's day. She had been smiling since we walked in the house. When lunch was done, I helped my mom set up the table on the patio. It was a beautiful day, and I needed the vitamin D of the sun. Really hoping it would melt away my stress. We all sat around the table, my dad said grace and we began to eat. The food was absolutely delicious. My mom is the best cook hands down.

After we were done eating and everything was cleaned and put up, I sat in one of the reclining chairs by the pool. I closed my eyes thinking about my roller coaster of a life. In all that has gone on, the love I receive from my children, parents and my crew has kept me going. I also know that Dre loves me and I keep loving him, knowing the love isn't the same. He just has an issue that he chooses not to control. I've resolved that he knows his behavior will soon catch up with him, but he knows that he's always been able to lure me back to him. I still don't know when, but I will one day let go for good. It's going to be hard on me, but harder on my babies. He has confused my mental health and my heart continues to bleed and drown in pain. This emotion called love has put me through so many changes.

———————————————————————

A year has passed and I'm proud of myself for continuing to uphold the promises I made for myself. This was another year of many blessings, silver linings through dark clouds and a season of celebrations. One of many celebrations included my AJ. His hard work as a student-athlete had finally paid off. He received several academic and athletic scholarship offers. I remember the day he told us about his offers. Dre gave him some words of wisdom about choosing the school that's the best for him. Though Dre and I continue to have marital issues, he still takes on being a great father with so much care. That's something I really appreciate.

Today, family and friends will meet at the high school in anticipation of what college AJ will choose to further his education and football career. We were all so excited. Of course this is a wonderful occasion so I used it as an opportunity to dress the Hassan family. AJ wanted his choice to be a surprise, but deep down, I hoped that he would choose Texas A&M. So me being me, I added a little of my alma mater colors to our attire.

The host called for the parents to join the scholarship receivers. AJ wanted his brother and sister to stand behind him as well. As the program started, my son had the biggest smile on his face. He gave his brother and dad a big bro hug and kissed me and Tahlese on the cheek.

"Mama, thank you for your support and the sacrifices you've made for us. I hope I make you proud".

As tears welled up in my eyes, I kissed my firstborn on his cheek.

"I love you so much. You've always made me a proud mama. And the sacrifices, I'd do it all over again."

Finally the announcer got to AJ. He had several helmets in front of him including Auburn University, University of Alabama and Mississippi State just to name a few. Dre put his hands on AJ's shoulders. The suspense was killing me. He waved his hands across the helmets and picked up Texas A&M. We all jumped up rejoicing!

There was a jersey and snapback hat inside of the helmet. AJ removed the hat from the helmet. He turned around for us to look at him. I noticed it had been embroidered with R.I.H Tahlia Amir. Not wanting to break out in my ugly cry on live TV, I buried my face in Dre's chest as the little Hassans formed a circle around me. I was overtaken by so much joy. Today has definitely been a good day.

———————————————————————

We hosted a congratulatory party for AJ and Dre showed out! There were Texas A&M themed decorations, food, drinks, desserts and a D.J. AJ's friends filled the backyard, along with family and friends. Everyone was having a great time. God never ceases to amaze me. In the midst of my storm, I'm still able to find joy.

As I was helping my mom and mother in law with making sure our guest had everything they needed, my cell phone rang. It was Jaxon. I had invited him and Alivia to the party. Tahlese was looking forward to hanging out with her this summer.

"Hey Jaxon. Did you change your mind about coming to the party?"

"We're actually out front."

I told him to come through the gate to the backyard. As soon as Alivia walked through the gate, Tahlese ran up to her, so excited to see her. Jaxon walked in laughing at my baby girl. She turned and jumped around his neck. I shook my head at my little mini me. My eyes were glued on Jaxon as he walked to the gift table. He and I still have our occasional hook ups, but with Alivia here with him, we would have to resist our urge to be together.

As he walked towards me, Dre walked up. They spoke and shook hands. I know they don't like each other. Jaxon finally told me about their near WWF showdown while I was in a coma. Of course Dre will never ever tell me about the specifics of everything that happened.

Before Jaxon could hug me, Dre put his arms around my waist.

"Babe will you set out more wings and ranch dressing for the kiddos?"

"Yes I'll get it."

He leaned in and kissed me on my cheek. Then as I walked off, he popped my butt. I guess he was being a show off in front of Jaxon. I don't mind the attention, but I'd rather have it in bed.